why?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:18 pm

I was the one that said that Harry needed to be kicked for taking the jeep to the 17and I was fairly certain everyone knew I was joking. Sorry if anyone took me seriously.

Postby Chacal » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:23 pm

If we could KNOW the intentions of players, then life would be easier for us. But we don't, hence we end up kicking sometimes for accidental teamkilling, and so on. Shit happens.

In that case, I suppose Harry knew his own intentions (although he doesn't always seem to).
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby hightimber » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:28 pm

Originally posted by Chacal
If we could KNOW the intentions of players, then life would be easier for us. But we don't, hence we end up kicking sometimes for accidental teamkilling, and so on. Shit happens.

In that case, I suppose Harry knew his own intentions (although he doesn't always seem to).
Like I said, consider the source. I suspect you "know" more than 50% of the people who frequent this server and you typically know who's pulling something and who's not. I think I speak for "most" of the ecgn'ers when I say that we routinely trust the judgement of the admins. (most>=51% for those of you that might argue that statement).

Postby JimmyTango » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:44 pm

I agree with hightimber there. I was flamed for it in a different thread, but I would think regulars would get the benefit of the doubt.

I see Harry play every now and then. Knowing he is a regular both on the server and this forum, I know if, let's say, he tk'ed me it was most likely an accident, and I wouldn't bother posting a 'WTF Harry?' or '?' in the in game chat. However, if 'jApkillEr420/666signofthebeast' tk's me, I will think otherwise.

Postby Harry Canyon » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:03 pm

Originally posted by *AnimalMutha*
I was the one that said that Harry needed to be kicked for taking the jeep to the 17and I was fairly certain everyone knew I was joking. Sorry if anyone took me seriously.

No problemo here dude...but I was trying to point out something..I think? If it was someone other than myself doing that, would they be given the same consideration? Probably not, which is why alot of these 'rules' are just 'guidelines'. It can be a pain in the buttocks to figure out whos doing what and why. We 'admins' try as we see them, but we can be wrong too.

cashcow

Postby cashcow » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:42 pm

Nobody is ever going to tell me why I was kicked, are they. :(

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:09 am

There is one thing that tells what your intentions were... TS.

I was on that night and heard you say over TS what happened, that makes it pretty clear what your intentions were IMO... this is an advantage that anyone who uses TS has... if there is some questionable thing that happens, you can explain yourself quickly...

Now lying over TS... don't know if I've run into that before, but it's possible... that would have to be overruled by someone seeing it the other way around...

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:45 am

Originally posted by cashcow
Nobody is ever going to tell me why I was kicked, are they. :(

No. If we did, we'd have to kill you.

And, if we don't, it's gonna haunt you until your death, which is good.

Plus, I looked at the log and there's no entry for "one night".

:)
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:53 am

And, if we don't, it's gonna haunt you until your death, which is good.

Plus, I looked at the log and there's no entry for "one night".

:)

:rotflmao:

See, I told you he was pretty funny :D

cashcow

Postby cashcow » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:12 am

It was back in like, August! How am I supposed to remember?

I just think someone wanted the Stuka for themselves.:violin: :lol:

Postby hightimber » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:45 am

Can we kill him anyway!?!?! :ar15:

Death awaits you with sharp, point-ed teeth!

Postby Vamprey » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:58 pm

Originally posted by jnkcrp
"at any one spawn", taking vehicles to other vehicles is not allowed. ie...if you pick of the jeep in the north...don't drive it to vehicles in the north....see simple....

You say vehicle to vehicle is not allowed. The other day on El AL axis I see this - 1. Guy jumps in wespe 2. Guy drives to other side of base to the tiger. Somebody else grabs it at last second. 3. Guy drives to panzer. Foiled again. 4. Guy drives to another panzer. Success at last. At least I think there was a second pazer. Either way you get the point. This is vehicle to vehicle but he did not get kicked. I was not sure myself about this situation so I ask on ts. An admin there says something to the effect of "So what, it's an even trade". So, is it only jeep to something else that is :tard: boot?

Postby Vamprey » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:21 pm

Originally posted by Rule of Wrist
There is one thing that tells what your intentions were... TS.

I was on that night and heard you say over TS what happened, that makes it pretty clear what your intentions were IMO... this is an advantage that anyone who uses TS has... if there is some questionable thing that happens, you can explain yourself quickly...

Now lying over TS... don't know if I've run into that before, but it's possible... that would have to be overruled by someone seeing it the other way around...

Good point. Recently on Coral sea TS saved me when I accidentally tk a team mate. I saw a parachute drop on the side of the ship. I was certain it was enemy. Unfortunatly I was wrong but realised it to late. When I saw the head in the water in the area the chute dropped I aimed and fired. The tag did not show up until I pressed the trigger. One shot with an engy k98 and I had a :tard: moment. It really was an accident and I was gratefull to be allowed to continue playing after explaining myself.

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:40 pm

Vamprey, I'd love to know which admin (not really, that's for them to sort out) said that, b/c I know of many people who've been kicked for that. I've seen people take panzers to tigers on that same map, and they've been kicked for it. So I'm kinda surprised to hear an admin say that, since it's definately NOT an even trade, and violates the principle of that rule. I mean, yeah, it sucks to spawn as far away from a vehicle as possible, and then run over to it, only to have someone else spawn right next to it and grab it right as you get there. But that's life........

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:59 pm

I think it was me. It was meant as a joke, as I had first said I was busy fighting in a tank myself. I thought another admin was on the case. :)
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?