why?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
CapriccioSCOURG

Postby CapriccioSCOURG » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:37 pm

I've been kicked a few times for getting into vechiles as well. None of them delt with taking one vechicle to anohter vechicle.

Once was at least a month ago, on Eagle's Nest. I ran, not drove, to a tank and got in it, I noticed that Wairudo had jumped into the MG spot at the exact same instance. Obviously we had both gone for the tank and I had arrived moments before he had. Two seconds later I was kicked. I only remember this because I was in second place with at least 30 points. So, I rejoin the game and it ends a few minutes later. No silver medal for poor little me. :(

I never understood why I was banned. A few other things like that have happened, nothing that serious or memorable though. I just hope I wasn't kicked becasue I got the tank before an admin. That would be silly, no. . .?

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:55 pm

Yes that would be silly. I would not kick you for getting to a vehicle before me. I would however kick you if I was out repairing my tank and you jumped in it to steal it.

Again, like I posted on the other thread. Get TeamSpeak and issues such as this can be avoided. :)

CapriccioSCOURG

Postby CapriccioSCOURG » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:29 pm

Yeah, I don't try to steal vechicles from people. But I saw it spawn, so that wasn't it. Why would anyone be repairing when it spawns right next to the repair pad at the second to top base on Eagle's Nest?

I believe you, but it just seemed odd to me.

Ruffnek

Postby Ruffnek » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:25 pm

3: Taking vehicles to an airfield: Do not take any vehicle to the airstrips next to the main base, period. The only time you are allowed to use a vehicle to reach a plane is on Gazala, to reach the B17 location, and only a jeep is allowed for that, anything else, any other map, instant kick.

Tonite I was playing in El Alamein on ECGNetwork.net #1. When I respawned near airfield and I saw a jeep near a building and saw DeathDealer69 hop in and picked me up then went to opposite side of the airfield (behind the field). Less than 1/3 mile from the airfield, the person stopped right behind our teammate's tank then came back to the airfield and the jeep hit a big plane that carries a couple of missiles. He or she got out of the jeep and hop in the plane and left the jeep little damage and my health too. So I did not see that no administrator kicks that person out for that reason. It is really concerned that it is vechile to other vechile.

Postby hightimber » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:07 am

Originally posted by Ruffnek
Tonite I was playing in El Alamein on ECGNetwork.net #1. When I respawned near airfield and I saw a jeep near a building and saw DeathDealer69 hop in and picked me up then went to opposite side of the airfield (behind the field). Less than 1/3 mile from the airfield, the person stopped right behind our teammate's tank then came back to the airfield and the jeep hit a big plane that carries a couple of missiles. He or she got out of the jeep and hop in the plane and left the jeep little damage and my health too. So I did not see that no administrator kicks that person out for that reason. It is really concerned that it is vechile to other vechile.
Despite their best efforts, administrators cannot see every player and what they're doing at any given second. A player kick will not occur every time there is some rule infraction.

I'd urge you to get TeamSpeak so you can verbally alert any administrators who are currently online as to the problem that you are witnessing.

Ruffnek

Postby Ruffnek » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:02 am

ok all right thanks for your suggestion about TeamSpeak but what if I do not use it for sure, what will I do?

Postby Harry Canyon » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:01 am

Then type a message out to any admins, maybe in CAPS so we cna see it. Chat lag might delay any action and when we see messages from some players that we don't know too well, we might not respond immediately to it...but, we'll still what out for the offending player(s).

Ruffnek

Postby Ruffnek » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:59 pm

I will do type CAPS letters so admins will notice insted of using teamspeak because I can't hear at all. So that's only way I can do to help admins about that situation.

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:20 pm

Originally posted by Ruffnek
I will do type CAPS letters so admins will notice insted of using teamspeak because I can't hear at all. So that's only way I can do to help admins about that situation.

If you're going to use the in-game chat, then you have to keep in mind that there is no gaurentee that the admins will notice your messages. With chat-lag, and them paying attention to the game and teamspeak, your message will probably get missed about 50% of the time. What's wrong with your TS? I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can help you fix it.

-Bagginses

Previous

Return to Been Banned?