Un ban me from bf#1 server :(

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
bbnradio.org

Un ban me from bf#1 server :(

Postby bbnradio.org » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:44 pm

I joined the server for the first time in a couple of months...
It was on wake island and the japs had one flag left which was the landing flag

I was trying to help the team by putting the carrier closer to the flag and the carrier got beached...

I didn't get any warning or such, and was kicked moments later

I joined the server again like for 20-30 seconds and i was kicked again, but this time banned :(

its been 3-4 days already and i still can't join the server..

I just hope to find it in your heart to unban my address...
thanks

Mighty Mazz

Postby Mighty Mazz » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:02 pm

The 11th Commandment :

HE WHO BEACHES THE CREATOR OF PLANES SHALL BE FOREVER BANNED. SO SAYETH THE ADMINS.

:rotflmao:

Postby -HaVoC- » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:03 pm

You drove the carrier into the beach landing to assist your team?

In what fashion? By crushing your team mates with the hull and putting them out of thier misery so they no longer had to rack thier brains concerning your battle tactics and any possible link to common sense?
-

"Now, if things look bad, and it looks like your not going to make it, then you've got to get mean, I mean plum mad dog mean, 'cause if you lose your head and give up then you neither live nor win, and that's just the way it is."

- The Outlaw Josey Wales -

put me on the team that Harry aint on....I sure miss shooting him and if im on the same team as HaVoC...OMFG we will stomp a mudhole in you and walk it dry.

- YaDad -

bbnradio.org

Postby bbnradio.org » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:09 pm

I don't understand, I read the rules of ecgn and i only see rules but no consequences... And i see no rule of being banned because you beach a ship... Its really unfair... but then again its your server.. do what you want ... I also admin a server myself... And whoever is in the ban list.. on sunday's i forgive and clear the list, not matter who's in it...

I give second chances

Postby -HaVoC- » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:12 pm

So you stand by your statement that driving the carrier into the beach landing was usefull?
-

"Now, if things look bad, and it looks like your not going to make it, then you've got to get mean, I mean plum mad dog mean, 'cause if you lose your head and give up then you neither live nor win, and that's just the way it is."

- The Outlaw Josey Wales -

put me on the team that Harry aint on....I sure miss shooting him and if im on the same team as HaVoC...OMFG we will stomp a mudhole in you and walk it dry.

- YaDad -

Postby SHWoff » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:12 pm

...because the landing beach is the perfect place to hide the carrier?

:confused:
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day...

Mighty Mazz

Postby Mighty Mazz » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:14 pm

Disregard my last post I'm a retard.:freak:

I'm sure if the admins get your explanation youll be unbanned. Anytime a carrier starts moving people get worried as usually people intentionally beach or go out of bounds with carrier.

He's saying it was unintentional guys, at least thats how I read it.

bbnradio.org

Postby bbnradio.org » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:15 pm

I was trying to get the carrier near the landing beach but i went forward to much and it ended up beaching it

Postby Ryan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:15 pm

Your ban expires in 2 days. You may reconnect then.

Until then, play some single player, and learn REAL battle tacticts by not running the carrier (of all naval ships) into the beach.

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:18 pm

The carrier has NO place near the island on Iwo Jima!

Postby Buliwyf » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:34 pm

Unfortunately the carrier is NOT YET ready to be placed in a museum, so please keep it off the mainland as much as possible ;)
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby Chacal » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:19 pm

bbnradio is a good player (as long as he doesn't use the chat :)). He just didn't know the carrier MUST always be kept as far away from land as possible.

You were probably kicked because the admin thought you did it on purpose, lots of idiots do that just to annoy other players. Unfortunately the chat lag on a 60-player server prevents us from issuing warnings.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:45 pm

Anytime I see an unknown name driving the carrier, I get afraid that the idiot/moron/(insert stupid name here) will drive the carrier off the map or beach it. Like geez, a carrier has no business being near land. A carrier's suppose to be as far away from all the bombs/bullets/land mass with tanks and other hostile weapons as humanly as possible.

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:10 pm

I know this issue has been hashed on before, but maybe someone should consider revising the rules, or atleast restating them so that they're more clear. The informal, friendly rules are good so that people don't get scared away by an overly strict server, but it does leave some ambiguity. Just a thought.

-Bagginses

Freedom

Postby Freedom » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:03 am

I think the polite answer to your question is that you should never bring the carrier close to the beach because it can get beached - and even if it doesn't, it'll only get Def gunned - and even if it's not Def gunned, it simply provides no added value to your team. But that is something that is just learned over time.

My suggestion would be to download and install TeamSpeak. When using TeamSpeak you can talk with your teamates live and are able to avoid situations like this.

Hope to see you back after the ban.

Oh, and some other advice - the Reg's take their ships and planes VERY seriously. Strategic placement and use to these are critical to success and/or failure on each map. As a result, you'll get on people's bad side for "inappropriate use."

Next

Return to Been Banned?