Banned under strange circumstances...

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Niko

Banned under strange circumstances...

Postby Niko » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:21 am

I regret to retun to this Forum for now another reason. Tonight (2am EST) I was playing on ECG number one when admin Buliwyf began to warn the players that he would be kicking all snipers if they didn't change their kits. He repeatedly and rapidly filled the chat screen with these messages... in response, a player said "stop spamming" at which point I said "Indeed." We were both immediately kicked. Upon re-entering the server, I questioned "Why was I kicked?" A fair question, in my opinion. I was told by another admin to not discuss admins... so I stopped, even though a bit frustrated by the situation. I had left this behind me. 2 minutes later, I witnessed a team mate drive over two of our own men (he was obviously kicked immediately.) To him (the TK), I said "The Germans aren't the only nazis here!" I realized my blunder the second after I uttered the phrase. I had suspected an admin would take it the wrong way, and he did. I was immediately banned after watching Buliwyf tell me "adios, krabmeat." I regret that I have to bring something like this to the attention of other system administrators... I sincerely enjoy using your server for all Battlefield play and would like to see it prosper from the quality of players and admins that I come to expect from such a network. If any admin or other "person in charge" would like to speak with me privately on the matter, my E-Mail address is nikofhc@comcast.net. I would love to help resolve the issue of my ban and perhaps a few other matters... My CD Hash is 19c3161f29b5f6857ee04502165ce4ca. Thanks for listenening, I hope to see many of you in game (again) soon.
-Niko

Postby Chacal » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:32 am

I was a teacher and I thought I'd heard all the worst explanations, but this one beats them all. You said "The Germans aren't the only nazis here!" to a tker?
:lol:
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Niko

Roger that.

Postby Niko » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:36 am

Yes... that's exactly what I reported in my post. I would greatly appreciate some sort of indication as to how I might go about resolving this issue... please.

-Niko

Niko

?

Postby Niko » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:40 am

Additionally, I'm curious how long this current ban will last. perhaps it's not even worth bringing up here if it's only a one-day ban. I can't imagine an administrator would perma-ban me even if my comment was misinterpreted.

Postby Chacal » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:42 am

Buliwyf banned, you, he'll take over from here.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Buliwyf » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:45 am

calling admins nazis, and using foul language in other fashions.

ban shall not be lifted by me.

EA PUBS are always looking for a few "good" players.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:39 am

Well, for one thing, admins "spamming" messages to the server, is not something players should comment on, since they are doing that to make sure people see it... not just to spam.

For another thing, this is your second offense, and the second flimsy excuse you have had.

Thirdly, I have to agree with Chacal here... That is up there with "the check is in the mail" "the dog ate my homework" and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" in the history of transparent statements...

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:44 am

Originally posted by Buliwyf

Damn NIKO you have been in the whines and complaints twice in under a week. Once is a mistake twice is a habit. Have a nice day:) Hey admins isn't it time for the Hitler rally:D
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:05 am

Originally posted by Rule of Wrist
"the dog ate my homework" and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

But the dog did eat my hwk damnit! And yes, I had sexual relations with that woman and proud of it! :D :mad: :roll: :rotflmao:

Sorry, coudln't resist... I shut my pie hole now..hehe

I love these Whines and Complaints forums, i'm gonna make it a point to capture smacktard idiocy with screenshots, they should make these posts much more interesting.

Niko

Postby Niko » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:02 pm

"Damn NIKO you have been in the whines and complaints twice in under a week. Once is a mistake twice is a habit."
-Devildog

The first ban was found to be un-grounded and therefore lifted. That would make this incident my first offense. I still maintain that my excuse is an honest and valid one, but perhaps that's beside the point now.

Think for a moment that I DID indeed intend that message for an admin (which I did NOT). Is this perma-ban worthy in itself? Please take the time to put yourself in MY position. This simple mistake has caused me more trouble than it should have. I enjoy this game and this server too much to simply let this go. I encourage any of you who wish to question me or talk further to PM me.

I will do my best to resolve this.
-Niko

Postby Buliwyf » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:10 pm

Niko you caught me on a good day. you seem understanding for the most part as well as in your PM to me.

just remember, 3 strikes and you are out.

Unbanned.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Niko

Humble Thanks

Postby Niko » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:48 pm

Thank you, Buliwyf...

Communication is important - next time there's a problem, let's talk about before a perma-ban! It's probably an honest mistake or isolated stupid (:wall: ) moment!

See you all on the battlefield
-Niko

Dakana

Postby Dakana » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:04 pm

Originally posted by Buliwyf
calling admins nazis, and using foul language in other fashions.

ban shall not be lifted by me.

:P

Bagginses

Re: Humble Thanks

Postby Bagginses » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:46 pm

Originally posted by Niko
Communication is important - next time there's a problem, let's talk about before a perma-ban!

[SARCASM] Yes, let's talk to people before they're given a perm-ban. Maybe it was an honest mistake that they laid down a row of mines across their own carrier.[/SARCASM]

-Bagginses

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:14 am

You may be unbanned but I am watching
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Next

Return to Been Banned?