Fairness??

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Postby FarginMofo » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:02 am

Next time Omaha comes up lets have all the regs play allies even if it means out-numbering axis by 3 or 4 (which is how it should be anyway). Hopefully the result will be an allied win so that we can take the map out of the rotation forever.

BTW, a point whore is a player whose only concern is scoring regardless of the team. I can't count the number of times I've seen Buli take actions that would help his team and eventually turn the tide of the game in his team's favor. A point whore he is not.
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

CrazyBri

Postby CrazyBri » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:21 am

Fat Bastard when you say Bulli was nade spamming on Omaha can you elaborate? I think the problem here is a combination of Omaha's poor design and some grey areas in the server rules. In general though, if you're tossing 6 grenades constantly every 15 seconds then something isn't right. (not saying that's what happened)

7: Grenade Spamming: Sitting at an ammo box repeatedly throwing grenades at an enemies spawn is frowned upon on the ECGN servers. It requires virtually no skill whatsoever. Running around and throwing grenades and then taking a dead players kit and throwing more grenades however is more acceptable. Although a hard rule to enforce, grenade box spamming is something ECGN members generally do not tolerate on the BF 1942 servers.

I really hope this discussion can continue without the tension and accusations getting too out of control. It's because of players such as the ones in this thread that I have such a great time on ECGN. That includes you Bulli, even when you kick my butt. ;) (and like fargin says Bulli, you definitely go for the victory for your team regardless of your personal score ) :beer:

Re: Re: Re: Fairness??

Postby Buliwyf » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:51 am

Originally posted by Wairudo Enjin
If you want respect Buli, then don't play Market Garden as Allies and then switch to Axis on Omaha so that you can keep your score up. Fat Bastards post was an accurate observation of your modus operandi. If you can't handle the truth get out of the kitchen.

Ok, So I lack skill and no one respects me now because I played AXIS on Omaha and Allied on OMG? Gimme a break, I used to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS play Axis on OMG, but I decided to try OMG as an Allie and USUALLY playing engineer cause it's the one time I can almost be good at it, I admit I suck as engie.

Handle the truth? Who the f*ck are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't play. Come back to me when you step out of the WESPE and start racking up kills without it, then we will talk about teamwork. Hell I barely fly the stuka anymore, and tried to better myself with dogfighting. I am slowly trying new and diffrrent things.

Shit, I guess I am causing my own demise as I keep switching rotations for everyone and decided to put OMAHA in.

Next, you say I was grenade spamming? WTF... Grenade spamming is sitting at a grenade box constantly chucking grenades. I was NOT doing that. I used my 3 grenades I had and PIOSSBLY picked up some kits off dead soldiers and used THOSE grenades, but my DEATH count should be the thing that proves why you may have seen me using grenades. I died almost as much as I killed I believe.

I was sitting on Axis typing out commands trying to coordinate with people on the ship, where infantry were etc. It's not like I am here just to rack up points. Hell on Gazala Residue I believe asked to even the teams. I switched to Allies and I suck with the BAR and the allied planes. I am not here just to rack up points fellas, if ANYTHING my enthusiasm on TS about getting flags etc should counter any thoughts you all have on that....

I love how I have to gain respect or play to someone elses liking to not be criticized.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Murgatroyd

Postby Murgatroyd » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:58 am

Holy flame thread, Batman! I should stay the hell away from this... but I can't. ;)

I've seen Buli play axis on OMG more than I've seen him play allies. I don't think you can fairly accuse him of playing allies "just to pad his stats". Just like you, Fat, his scores are high enough that an occasional beating wouldn't affect them seriously, and I doubt he really cares about them all that much anyway.

But I digress.

I promised I wouldn't ever say this again, but in this context, it's an observation and not a whine.

OMG, Omaha and Wake are grossly imbalanced and (with the exception of Wake) poorly designed. If you can't stand the fact that one side is pretty much predetermined to win, vote them out of rotation, as some of us have attempted in the past.

Just because one side is predominately the victor does not mean that it's unfair or dishonorable to play on that side (someone has to). Personally, I go with whichever side I spawn and just go from there. I've found ways on those maps to have a good time, even when loss is inevitable. Those maps wouldn't be 1/2 the challenge if it was the regulars on the handicapped team and a bunch of smackers on the opposition - I can guarantee it.

I've had good matches on those maps with balanced (TS balanced) teams. I've had matches in which we "stack" the teams and the handicapped team still gets whipped. I believe it has to do with what is referred to as the "Anna Karanina" principle. She is a character out of Tolstoy's book of the same name, in which he makes the observation "Happy families are all alike, unhappy families are unhappy in their own way.". Essentially, this means that there are a number of variables that need to be succinct in order to produce a victory - but any one of those variables going awry can produce a defeat.

Through all that, my point is you can't blame Buli (or anyone for that matter) for playing on any specific team in any specific map. Even if they do so consistantly. If you don't like that fact, get rid of the map, don't lay into the player.

That's not saying that I believe that is the case with Buliwyf - I've seen him play axis plenty of times on OMG, and I've seen him on allies doing things that wouldn't necessarily be "good" for his stats, but instead good for the team. Who's to say that he didn't spawn on those sides as the result of the random choice made by the software? I've seen plenty of other regulars intentionally switch to the dominating team in these maps, but it would be hypocritical for me to blame them - like I said, I blame the map, not the players.

I can understand why you're so frustrated, FB. I used to get furious about those maps, and people playing the non-handicapped team. But I got over it. You can't blame them for it. They might just want a break from getting their ass handed to them on that map too. Or they might have just spawned on that side. The odds of spawning allied on OMG and then axis on Omaha are 50/50.

Anyway, sorry for the length of this post. I tend to get a bit wordy when trying to make my points - but I like to be thorough. My point is, I understand both sides of this issue - and I think this is a perfect example of why these maps need to go.

Buli, Fat, everybody - you guys are all really cool people. Please understand that this is a multi-dimensional issue, and the bottom line - just a game.

...and even after I said all that, I realize that it's a moot point because Vietnam is coming out in 10 days, and getting your ass kicked on OMG, Omaha, Wake or whatever map are going to be but nostalgic memories. So let's just all chill out a bit, put on some 60's tunes, and get ready to move from Europe, Russia, and North Africa to South-East Asia. :beer:

Postby Camel toe joe » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:00 pm

I have to say I don't like this everyone jumping on buli, he has a right to play which ever side he wants, is he so good that he throws the balance off because of him alone give me a break because I know he sucks :D I been trying to stay which ever team I spawn but i see that thats not working out because i have seen times where a lot top regs spawn the same team.SO what is fair we have to choose teams before each match? also since i've been back i see that TS is usually to quite and there is no coordination.

Postby residue » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:09 pm

i will further bash buli, via private message, by telling him that he's not fooling me by saying that he's worthless in a spit.

i'd advise the rest of you to continue the matter privately, if at all, so we don't end up with a nasty thread here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fairness??

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:44 pm

Originally posted by Buliwyf
Handle the truth? Who the f*ck are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't play. Come back to me when you step out of the WESPE and start racking up kills without it, then we will talk about teamwork.

I did not curse you in my reply. :(

I've lost a lot of respect for you Buli, since this is how you choose to respond to an honest observation. Perhaps you should take a break since you can't seem to take any criticism.

And just to correct you. I very rarely use the Wespe. I am mostly a ground pounder.

Later all.

Postby JimmyTango » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:58 pm

Wairudo,

What do you expect with your post? You didn't 'curse' at him, but you accused him of some BS, then added that little one liner at the end that was just a kick to the nuts. From what I can tell, you were not even there.

Anyone who has played here knows buli does not point whore. Wow, he was Allied on OMG and Axis on OMAHA. OH NO, BULI YOU JERK YOU CHEAT, YOU ARE NOT FAIR, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he was blantantly TK'ing or using a cheat, I can see some of your posts. But for this? Over blown reactions to absolutely nothing.

Postby Hellacious » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:01 pm

Sorry that I have to do this, But all I have for you Buli is nothing but RESPECT..You do your Job as a ADMIN, and you play good... this is just a game. I know that Im a point whore when it comes two of my most favorit maps Market Garden, and Bocage...Im not good in a plane but I have been going to Rule's Classes and lets just say it working alot..When the map changes I go on the team that it puts me on depending on teams..Ive been playing this game and, on ECGN for about 1yr, and there are a few REG that I cant stand, But it is just only a game, and I keep my thoughts to myself. So Buil it is like I said, I RESPECT YOU..... The only time I dont like you is when you keep killing me :blow: . Hope to see you in game so that I can kill you in a 109:eek: :D ...:beer:

In Game Name [ECGN-ADMIN]Hellacious

Postby residue » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 pm

please, everyone, let's keep it civil and/or resort to pms. we don't want to give poor ryan a headache.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:08 pm

:( :wall: :violin: :wall: :( :wall: :flame: :wall: :( :wall: :tard: :wall: :( Thats all I have to say on the matter:(
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby BladeRunner » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:09 pm

The xml file ev_14567-20040304_2323.xml.downloaded for
Market Garden last night show that during the game
8 different players switched to Allies.

The xml file ev_14567-20040304_2357.xml.downloaded for
Omaha last night show that during the game 13 different
players switched to Axis.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

CrazyBri

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fairness??

Postby CrazyBri » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:17 pm

Originally posted by Buliwyf

Next, you say I was grenade spamming? WTF... Grenade spamming is sitting at a grenade box constantly chucking grenades. I was NOT doing that. I used my 3 grenades I had and PIOSSBLY picked up some kits off dead soldiers and used THOSE grenades, but my DEATH count should be the thing that proves why you may have seen me using grenades. I died almost as much as I killed I believe.

Buli it's possible non-regs were spamming nades and FB assumed most of them were yours. If you aren't camping an ammo box tossing endless nades (which I've never seen you or a regular do) then you shouldn't worry about it. :cool:

Came Toe Joe, I used to think that it was fine if I stay with whatever team I spawned on but after playing for awhile I've decided to switch teams only when A) the other team is very low on people and the round is about to start or B) the map is extremely biased ie OMG or omaha. I have many preferences such as zero over corsair but if I spawn as allies on guadal or coral I won't switch unless axis are very low on guys or allies are very stacked (which is rare).

Now the problem with the "B" option is that if every regular follows this the teams will be extremely uneven against the biased side.

Buli a lot of people are very appreciative of the rotation updates you've setup, including me. While I don't personally care for Omaha for many reasons, I can't get frustrated with you for putting it in the rotation because you only have so many maps to choose from and you are just trying to keep things mixed up. I can easily leave the server if a map comes up that I don't like but usually it's worth hanging around because of the regulars.

Res, I think this thread should continue as long as people can cool down and post with less attacks. This should not be a "bash buli" thread so any problems with any players can be discussed including complaints about me. :) None of us are angels here.

Postby WeSSiN » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:23 pm

The reason I played on this server was because of the players. You guys/gals are very mature and like to play as a team :)

But please don't start this stuff. It makes me a bit sad to see grown men fighting over a game and I don't want to play with people who are doing that!

Why don't we put this behind us and start clean? Please?

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:27 pm

Originally posted by FI2ick

But please don't start this stuff. It makes me a bit sad to see grown men fighting over a game and I don't want to play with people who are doing that!

Why don't we put this behind us and start clean? Please?

The young Padowan makes a great point:)
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?