Banned...don't know why

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Relativity

Banned...don't know why

Postby Relativity » Sun May 23, 2004 1:57 am

This one could use some explaination...haven't even played BFV in many weeks, was waiting til patch came out. Finally today I download it and try to jump on #2 and I've been banned???

I was using the name The Earhunter back when I last played, maybe someone else is also using that name? Obviously I don't know when the ban went into effect...

Also when I type that name into the 'why was i kicked' page, nothing comes up. If any admins know what happened I'd be glad to give you my CD hash...

Postby tek » Sun May 23, 2004 4:55 am

Plz PM me your CDHash and time/date that you were banned.

Thank you.

Postby tek » Sun May 23, 2004 8:47 am

Okay, Got yer CDHash.. Rumaged the logs found nothing but two kicks that occured back in March with no reasons given.

Since I was not able to find any ban in the logs or any reasons for the two incidents in March. I will drop that ban.
Please take a moment while your on our forums to visit the BFV Forum and read up on those rules. Just to make sure you stay on the good side of em... ;)

tek bickler ( ecgn | tek )
ecgn staff
http://www.ecgnetwork.com

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Sun May 23, 2004 12:54 pm

You were banned for the name. I don't know if it was you but Devil Dog and I were Flammed in Chat after asking for a name change which took the kick to a ban. you may not have been the person but the name was associated with the action and I know I have banned it atleast twice.

The name refers to the sick and twisted actions of a few people in the war. I don't see anyone in bf42 going by toothcollecter, gold fillings, or trophy hunter. and I have never seen the taunt come here tatooed GI I need a new lampshade. So I guess what I am trying to say is the name is offensive to me please find a better one.
Greatness is not where we stand, but in what direction We are moving. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Postby tek » Sun May 23, 2004 4:00 pm

Now see.. I'm just a youngin and had no idea that the name would have any relavence beyond face value..

My apologies Quentin.. As for the name, I do believe it would be a good idea to find a new name.

tek bickler
ecgn staff

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sun May 23, 2004 4:20 pm

Ah well it definitely wasn't me chatting about the name, since as I said I haven't played in about 2 months.

I don't mind really not playing with that name, but I think it's a mistake to compare GIs taking ears off dead soldiers as trophies and Nazis taking gold fillings from concentration camp victims' ashes and using their serial number tatooed arm skins to make lamp shades. Taking trophies from battlefield kills is common in many cultures; would you object in an Old West game to a character named Scalphunter?

This is not a flame, but you might want to consider the name in the context of this particularly gruesome war, in which far worse attrocities than ear-trophies took place on BOTH sides. (MIAs tortured for years...anyone?)

Anyway, like I said I won't play with the name because I'd rather play on ECGN #2 than keep it. But please don't compare it to Nazi holocaust practices because many might find THAT offensive.

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Mon May 24, 2004 2:36 am

not wanting a flame but the Tatoo lamp shade was from vietnam. The ear... what if you were the family member of a Soldier whos body was defaced by a GI taking trophies? I don't find it much better than Nazis taking the teeth out of live jews for the gold.

I have no problem with you coming back under a new name.
Greatness is not where we stand, but in what direction We are moving. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Postby Chacal » Mon May 24, 2004 8:36 pm

Originally posted by Mr. Quentin
I don't find it much better than Nazis taking the teeth out of live jews for the gold.

Sorry for nit-picking... while Sonderkommando "dentists" removing gold teeth and fillings from corpses is well documented, this is the first time I hear anyone mention "taking the teeth out of live jews". It would surprise me if it was true, because it would have made no sense from the SS "productivity" point of view. Do you have evidence for that? (not that it makes the extermination camps any less horrible, of course).
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Tue May 25, 2004 1:50 am

No I was just trying to make a point. Sorry if it caused problems.

Postby Chacal » Tue May 25, 2004 7:39 am

No,I was just curious.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Return to Been Banned?