Banned without reason

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Chapman

Banned without reason

Postby Chapman » Sun May 30, 2004 9:26 pm

Here's what happen .

On BF1942 , my buddy [QcGz]Touff accidently team kill somone who was going for a plane. However, I got banned and after that they banned him , I'm sure they made a mistake ban with me .

Well I know the rule and we are not team killer. It was an accident and we just want to have the chance to play again with you.

I'm not complaining because there is a lot a good servers out there but we enjoy your's.

It happen on May 29 at about 9h00 P.M in Market Garden. I think it was ECGN #2. I'm sure I'm not banned for too long but I want to know why they banned me ; I didn't do anything in that particular game due to technical problem.

[QcGz]Chapman

Postby Chacal » Sun May 30, 2004 10:39 pm

Thanks for the info. You'll have an answer shortly.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Hellacious » Sun May 30, 2004 11:10 pm

I was the one that banned you and your buddy. But bye mistake I banned you. The one that was needed of a ban was [QcGz]Touff. When I looked in the RM I saw your name first. After I banned you I refreshed the RM and saw that I banned the wrong person. [QcGz]Touff Tked me as I was going for a Plane, and he is going to stay banned. He needs to read the rules. we do not accepect any kinds of TK's on the server. PM me you IP and I can unban you. Sorry it was a mistake.

In Game Name [ECGN-ADMIN]Hellacious

Postby Chacal » Mon May 31, 2004 12:08 am

Actually we don't need your IP, we already have it.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"

Postby Camel toe joe » Mon May 31, 2004 11:56 am

Originally posted by Chacal
Actually we don't need your IP, we already have it.

Is this guy good or what?

Chapman

Postby Chapman » Mon May 31, 2004 2:27 pm

Thank you for you rapid answer . I was sure it was a mistake .

I would like to know how long the ban for my buddy player [QcGz]Touff is going to length. I don't contest his ban because we know the rules and he didn't respect one of them.

However, we're 2 good players who play the game since the Beta Version ; we're not newbies who don't know how to play and how to have fun with the teamplay. We don't TK's and we can play against anyone.

I think it's a great idea to have rules likes that. Most often, when FF On , there is always some players who make the game awful with the teamkilling. Nothing is more frustrating than try to take a flag and be sniped by a teamate. Same goes for plane camper ; boy are they useless !

By the way, Chacal, I'm from Queebc too. Actually, I study in Quebec. [QcGz] isn't a clan but more a tag name ; we're 8 players who live on the North-Cost ( la Cote-Nord, surement que tu parle francais :) ).

Well that's it ; I just want to know when you will unbanned him. i don't know the lenght of your ban and that's why I ask you.

[QcGz]Chapman

Postby Chacal » Mon May 31, 2004 5:07 pm

It's up to Hellacious. I hear she can be swayed with flowers or jewelry. At least that's what AnimalCracka says.

Ça ne devrait pas être un problème. Je vais quand même garder un oeil sur le dossier. C'est sûr que ça aiderait si ton chum venait lui-même s'expliquer au lieu de passer par une personne interposée.
Chacal

Postby Hellacious » Mon May 31, 2004 5:11 pm

Your buddy is banned for good. We dont take Tk's.

Maybe he should come in here and ask to be unbanned.

Chapman you are unbanned.

Chapman

Postby Chapman » Mon May 31, 2004 6:40 pm

Ok thanks for the unbanned.

As for my friend is concern, I'm not sure if he will come here to explain himsefl altough I didn't ask him about that . He's not a teamkiller and as far as I'm concern we we're kiking ass on the server . He's one of the best player I've seen on any server and I haven't stop playing since 2 years. We're far from teamkiller ; we have played in some clans and we hate those things.

However , HE DIDN'T PASS THROUGH ME to explain himself. I haven't talk to him about all that stuff. He's not aware that I've tried to unbanned him. I will talk to him about this possibility and I'm sure he'll come .

I know score isn't important and TeamPlay is but I'm surprised to see him banned for good until he explain himself. We understand the rules but like I said : we're not teamkillers . I know he TK you and I won't deny it.

However, I don't appreciate the fact that you call him a TK right away. A TK is someone who constantly teamkill others and he's not. He done it once and instantanly you call him a TK although you dont' know him at all. People who have saw it will conclude that [QcGz]Touff is a TK and I really don't appreciate that , espcially a skilled a teamoriented player like him. Our name is made in any of the big servers but it's look like it wasn't the case in ECGN...

Maybe you don't care due to the number of players you host but by banning him , you have banned one heck of a player . Maybe if you take a little more time to look at each situation you would have better competition on your servers. A lot of good player have been complaining about that recently.

It would help if he come to explain for sure.

For my part though, I'm happy to be back and see ya on the battlefield.

[QcGz]Chapman

Postby Hellacious » Mon May 31, 2004 7:00 pm

Your welcome.

As far as im concerned, your friend can stay banned. If he wants to come and explain his actions I might reconsider.

Postby residue » Mon May 31, 2004 9:58 pm

Originally posted by Chapman
However, I don't appreciate the fact that you call him a TK right away. A TK is someone who constantly teamkill others and he's not. He done it once and instantanly you call him a TK although you dont' know him at all. People who have saw it will conclude that [QcGz]Touff is a TK and I really don't appreciate that , espcially a skilled a teamoriented player like him. Our name is made in any of the big servers but it's look like it wasn't the case in ECGN...

if someone purposely tks then they are a teamkiller. it doesn't matter if it's the first time or the tenth time. we don't care if you think your friend is a skilled player and it doesn't matter if you have a reputation elsewhere.

Maybe you don't care due to the number of players you host but by banning him , you have banned one heck of a player . Maybe if you take a little more time to look at each situation you would have better competition on your servers. A lot of good player have been complaining about that recently.

if that's how you feel then i'd suggest you stick to the ea and friendly fire off servers that you normally play on.

http://www.bftracks.com/appl/bft/Player/view/1651901
http://www.bftracks.com/appl/bft/Player/view/2161026

Chapman

Postby Chapman » Mon May 31, 2004 10:39 pm

First of all, we're using EA Server to help some noobs that we know . Second of all, I really don't care about BF Stats Track because I've played with 5 or 6 differents player name and it's not accurate at all ; it also doesn't consider healing, repair or other stuff but juste scores.

Also , if you look at the games, we usually don't play in EA Server except for matches, like I said earlier, when we help people to get in touch with the game. I also like EA 51 because of a lot of African Map which I like such as BattleAxe and Tobruk. So by saying that , your completly wrong, using stats for only one nick of the 6-7 we had in the past 2 years. As far as FF ON or Off is concern, it doesn't matter too much except for grenade , tank shell and airplane attack. We play FF OFF because there is TK everywhere except in there and we hate those TK.

And I don't think my friend is a good player : he is. We played for some good ranked clan and we have been able to help them in good fashion.

But I have a question for you : why are you showing me these stats ? Everyone in there told me : stats not important, teamwork is the key, etc... so why would you check our stats ? I mean do you think just because you know where we play that you know how we play ? Didn't we just played a excellent game juste before you banned us ? And after this game 1 TK and he's out for good ? Did you think that because we play FF OFF mean that we're not good ?

As far as 1 time or 10 times it doesn't matter I understand. One TK is enough to ban someone . But enough to ban him for good ? I think you're going too far.

But I know it's a really strict ruled server wich I still consider is a great thing. The issue here is my friend has to come to explain a TK. Well I'll tell him to come and maybe after that we'll have a chance to play more often with you guys.

But what happen is that we have taken a break for the begining of MGarden and I think my friend wasn't aware of the ECGN we were playing in. I repeat : WE KNOW THE RULES. We've been playing here for a while. TK is so common for planes in other FF ON that maybe he try to do it after this have been done to us so many times . Or maybe it was a joke or well I don't know. But , like some people told me , you reinstated people who make a lot of TK's or say shits to the admins so why won't you let him back ? Did he really have to come here and explain himself ? If so , just let me know and I'll tell him.

Postby Hellacious » Mon May 31, 2004 10:49 pm

Did he really have to come here and explain himself ? If so , just let me know and I'll tell him.

Here you go.
...................................................................................
As far as im concerned, your friend can stay banned. If he wants to come and explain his actions I might reconsider.
...................................................................................

Postby residue » Mon May 31, 2004 10:52 pm

friendly fire on makes a big difference. stats should always be taken with a grain of salt but i'm hardly impressed with what i've seen of yours so far. if you're going to knock the competition on ecgn then you'd better be able to back it up. regardless of your skill (or lack of it), ecgn is a public server open to all players as long as they behave.

as far as the issue of the ban - if you break the rules then you're gone. if people come to the forums then there's usually a chance that they will be unbanned. your friend has not explained his case here and until he does no further action will be taken.

Chapman

Postby Chapman » Mon May 31, 2004 10:59 pm

Ok I'll tell him to come.

And I'll never said that we will knock the competition : I just said that we can play in there , that we're not noobs who don't know how to play.

As far as your's skills ( or lack of it ) , I don't care what you may think of us. We've played a lot in there and earned our share of medals and good scores. And when we don't we try to help as a medic and engineer and with flags capture. We just want to play and that's all ; we're not selfish player who want to knock the competition. We've played for clans and know that the fun of BF came with teamwork , which is a reason why we love your servers.

Considering your Residue on BFStatsTracks, you surely look like a good player.

Return to Been Banned?