Please ban OMAHA

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Please ban OMAHA

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:08 pm

I only registered on the forum for one reason, and it is to ask for admins to ban Omaha (cz) or whatever his name is. :rtfm:

I have been playing this server for years. This guy really gets me mad. We play a game with a very low number of players, like 3 vs 3, all he does is run the objective in, even after 2 minutes of playing. The wall is down he is going immediately to the objctive. As soon as he runs it in, people leave. He is always allie because he wants to run the objective in. He gets 3 kills 40 deaths a game, the guy will try to run the objective in and ruins the game for the rest of us.

Today he connected it was 2 axis vs 3 allies so he disconnected probably because he couldnt be allie to run the objective. 5 minutes later he is back and guess what, its 3 vs 3 and he runs the objective after 3 minutes.

People tell me, it's the goal of the map beach. Ok maybe but we play mostly to shoot at each other. Thats the main reason.
I'm really fed up with that guy and ss maria is not far from him. Miss thx team runs it as many time as possible also.

I know we are getting low on player but omaha must go.
Last edited by Tek_killa.qc on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RTCW Admin

Re: Please ban OMAHA

Postby EurO » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Pretty well-written post there - I agree - you know me, the guy typing "Go For Skullz!!!" whether I'm playing Axis or Allies on Beach 24/7. Yep, there are people who say "This is an objective game" and that is also true. But with low player count, and doing the same map over and over, the only objective the 'doc runners' have is to start the dang map over from the start again.
Really, though, there's nothing you can do about these players. Look at booty, he runs the docs all the time regardless of player count, and he can play better than Omaha(cz). But, in that case, as in others, it's more about making the other players mad rather than just winning the round and trying for glory and recognition. When upsetting other players on purpose is in question, then sportsmanship is the concern, not winning an objective-based anything.
This reminds me of players who play panz either 1) all the time, trench-panzing and one-mans to go along with their TKs, and 2) when it's 3v3 panzing anyway even if people protest. Staying silent to other's attempts at communication is a poor response to the community of the game we have loved most of all for 13 years. Again, there is nothing you can really do about these players, because they are not breaking any rules - of the game or the server.
As you said, Omaha(cz) likes to join, run the docs and then leave, only to come back shortly thereafter and do it all again. The myriad of players and their personalities can embarass you a little bit that you and a person like this can enjoy the same game when it's long been dead. All you can do is shake your head and wonder how these people make it through the day... but wish them well anyways.

Postby Destructor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Constant doc runners annoy me too. Hell I'm one the ones that will leave if people are running them over and over again. For some reason though, I can forgive Maria for it.

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:46 pm

EurO wrote:This reminds me of players who play panz either 1) all the time, trench-panzing and one-mans to go along with their TKs, and 2) when it's 3v3 panzing anyway even if people protest.
I don't panz unless there are more than 10 players per team. Otherwise it kills the server.

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein