Presented without further comment

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Presented without further comment

Postby Meyer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:11 pm

RTCW Admin

Re: Presented without further comment

Postby EurO » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:53 am

Too funny! I went to see "American Sniper" tonight, and the lady I was with, who knew I played Wolf said, "You could do that, running around shooting people 'cause you do it every night". So I came back with a line from the BOOM HEADSHOT guy: "yeah, but there's no respawning in RL" :lol:

Postby caffeine » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 pm

did you really just compare yourself playing rtcw to the story of american sniper?

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Ya, boo-hoo boy, I did - apparently there are some that think Chris Kyle fabricated most of his story. The movie itself was not entertaining, but my study on him and his wife was. I identified with his "I was just doing my job", and then being shot down while helping a fellow. In the psych field, I get attacked trying to help someone and it is so perfect. I can compare whatever I like to whatever I like, because that's the best part of comparing!
Oh, and I chuckle at those parents that cry over their sons/daughters being killed while in combat - when you sign up for the army did you NOT think you would get shot at? Same goes for the police (hardest job on the planet) - if you are given a gun, expect to get shot at. And thanks for doing your job!

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:57 am

Chuckle on, Dick.

Postby pedro » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 pm

The movie was not entertaining? I'd say you are in the clear minority in that regard. Typical european weak trash.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:20 pm

You gotta get new material, brah! The only minority I'm in are with the nuts you and whomever you went to see the movie with. The magazine critics I went to see it with however, would concur in it's lack of entertainment value. But that's just MY opinion, right? That doesn't mean you can't have your own! Remember that! It's important! :tard:

Richard: chuckling on...

Postby caffeine » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:58 pm

"I went to see american sniper tonight and this chick was like you can do that i'm i'm like yeah i can" ~euro idiot

did you even bother reading what you wrote?

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:47 am

Sure man, I can, but can you imagine me being with a chick and the possibility of other people accompanying us - like, 2 plus a few others? Wow, you must really do some exercises to open up your mind some... or maybe with examples like yourself, it's not really possible...
And I must admit that I really don't bother "reading what I wrote", because I know what I typed and don't have to revisit it hoping that anyone reading it will approve... do you do that?!?

RTCW Admin

Postby magus » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:14 am

caffeine it's a shit american blockbuster, which started partly as fact and then got sensationalized so you guys could understand it easier. Let's not get too touchy about it. Euro's female friend didn't ask whether he compared himself to the sniper, she was just being friendly and they both made a joke together. That's what people do.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:20 am

magus wrote:which started partly as fact and then got sensationalized so you guys could understand it easier.

Please tell me which part was sensationalized so that we can understand it easier.

And by you guys ,, you mean "dumb americans" amirite?

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Haha, "dumb Americans" might be generalized, but not too far off. Magus is dead-on with the situation that SOME people can't grasp. The fact that there was only a textual sentence at the end on his death by a buddy at the gun range - is that what you want to see? Redeye, would you understand it easier if we were to make it for "dumb" people? LOL :flame:

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:25 am

I wasn't addressing you ,, "dumbass American from Florida"

I asked Magus how it was sensationalized so that we could understand it easier.

I know you like to think its about you,, but this time it wasn't.

Kthanks.

Postby Destructor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:19 pm

This seems to have gotten blown out of proportion. I assume Euro's initial comments were meant to be tongue-in-cheek (not seriously intended). As far as the movie goes, I haven't seen it but everyone has different tastes and Hollywood has a long history of embellishing the truth to make a story more entertaining (not saying they necessarily did that on this film). Also just because it's about someone in our army doesn't automatically make it a decent movie.

That said, I plan on watching The Sniper when it hits DVD/blue-ray. I know snipers and bomb-diffusers are different, but as far a comparisons go I enjoyed The Hurt Locker (though a tad slow at times) and in my head I assume The Sniper will be along the same lines: a movie about a modern soldier and the shit he has to put up with and go through.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Exactly, Destructor - 'Jarhead' was in the same genre. Any of these controversial movies, I go to see, to be able to say I know something about them. Like "50 Shades of Grey", even though I'm not big into pron and erotica, I gotta see what everyone is yappin about.
Redeye, what the heck is this ----> ,,
?
Does that indicate a DOUBLE helping of your usual bitterness? :bomb:

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein