unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Preferred Server Settings?

Unlag disabled, g_antilag enabled
48%
Unlag enabled, g_antilag disabled
50%
Unlag disabled, g_antilag disabled
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Postby parcher » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Well the mp40 does less damage per hit, thats been a fact since the earliest days of rtcw and why in the very beginning many people used the thompson over mp40. I really count 7-9 hits but 9 is pushing it maybe. its hard to tell though.

But again, considering the mp40 does less damage per hit than thompson, the fact meds can have like 140 hp on ecgn, and the fact u are hitting between 7-9 shots, i dont see any problem in this situation.

I dont discount that you could have another issue with your internet connection or something else, if you really believe and feel something is not right. But I don't believe its unlag. I can sympathize with you to some extent because I have a very peculiar issue with quakelive that I know is happening but hard to pinpoint or correct.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:29 am

parcher wrote:Well the mp40 does less damage per hit, thats been a fact since the earliest days of rtcw and why in the very beginning many people used the thompson over mp40. I really count 7-9 hits but 9 is pushing it maybe. its hard to tell though.

But again, considering the mp40 does less damage per hit than thompson, the fact meds can have like 140 hp on ecgn, and the fact u are hitting between 7-9 shots, i dont see any problem in this situation.

I dont discount that you could have another issue with your internet connection or something else, if you really believe and feel something is not right. But I don't believe its unlag. I can sympathize with you to some extent because I have a very peculiar issue with quakelive that I know is happening but hard to pinpoint or correct.

Yea meds can have 140hp but at the time 127hp was the max. I'm pretty sure the mp40 does 14 damage for a body shot.

I'm kind of leary on this video too as it could have easily went either way which is why I said I will get you a demo that you can't deny. I thought I should have killed him and Hayling messaged me so I sent him the demo to view. He said he thought he should have died too which is why I'm leaning more on my side.

Postby pingrage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:05 am

Did you miss that fact he picked up that med pack that was on the ground as well?

Plus without looking at net settings or lagometer's I would be unable if i used cl_maxpackets 30 due to the choppiness it greats.

So all of the facts in this story aren't on the table hence why the video is a fictional story.

P.S If i could be bothered i'll record my demo's of me playing tomorrow with /unlag 1 and /unlag 0.

The question which still remains unanswered is why you think "unlag" cause hit registration issues?

When it clearly doesn't effect everyone?

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:05 am

Anyone have any update on what thet experienced when using the /unlag command?

Postby nosy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:16 am

In general it would be nice to have the other players pov too for those recordings. In this case it would tell us exact damage done, how many medpacks were in that stack and just how much of an impact that pickup had

I'm pretty sure in etpro you could view other players povs if they were in direct LOS to the main pov. I'm not sure if there's an rtcw mod that can do that, EDV maybe?

Also ET's weapon damage is not consistent with rtcw, the damage, spread, fire rate and clip size of both weapons were made equal. At least it's easy for 2 players to confirm in game

Postby pingrage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:33 am

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:Anyone have any update on what thet experienced when using the /unlag command?

Hi MMA,

My experience with 250ping com_maxfps 125 and cl_maxpackets 100

when I have /unlag 1 my bullets DO hit the target I have on my screen.

When I have /unlag 0 my bullets DO NOT hit the target I have on my screen.

P.s sup nosy xoxo

Postby caffeine » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:46 am

his 1st head shot doesn't do 50 damage. he shot off your helmet. there's helmet protection in shrub... is this supposed to be a video of him lagging and not being where he actually is on your screen or a video of him hacking?

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:48 am

caffeine wrote:his 1st head shot doesn't do 50 damage. he shot off your helmet. there's helmet protection in shrub... is this supposed to be a video of him lagging and not being where he actually is on your screen or a video of him hacking?

Helmet protection is disabled on ecgn. It's just a demo... No hacking...

Everyone should probably just disregard this video. I'll get a better one when I get time.

Postby Hayling » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 am

It's not the best of proof by a longshot.

Caff, at least there was no Napoleon in sight. :lol:

Postby caffeine » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:01 am

you're right junior. his 1st HS does do 50 dmg. i never knew it was disabled on here...

i just didn't really understand what his point was in posting that vid.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:54 am

caffeine wrote:you're right junior. his 1st HS does do 50 dmg. i never knew it was disabled on here...

i just didn't really understand what his point was in posting that vid.

Trying to document the issue with unlag or the issue that myself and others are experiencing for whatever reason it may be.

When you have been dealing with this issue for a while and then see the dramatic change from disabling unlag you pretty much know when you been robbed. Maybe I am wrong with this video as it is very close but Hayling did make a great video.

Postby parcher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:01 am

I really think disabling unlag changed your experience in large part due to everyone with ping over 50 struggling to hit consistently due to ping delay. Also, shrub hit registration, I felt, was very poor compared to OSP without unlag turned on. So turning off unlag had an indirect effect.

Again, I'm not saying that you don't have an issue somewhere. You very well could. Perhaps something in shrub itself, since I found some weird situations with unlag on and off with a few players.

The only thing directly connected to unlag is the feeling of being hit behind corners in some select situations. This effect was minimal compared to for example ET antilag.

On a different note, so I can continue to help you document the impact of unlag, can I be unbanned from the server? :) :) :)

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 am

parcher wrote:I really think disabling unlag changed your experience in large part due to everyone with ping over 50 struggling to hit consistently due to ping delay. Also, shrub hit registration, I felt, was very poor compared to OSP without unlag turned on. So turning off unlag had an indirect effect.

Again, I'm not saying that you don't have an issue somewhere. You very well could. Perhaps something in shrub itself, since I found some weird situations with unlag on and off with a few players.

The only thing directly connected to unlag is the feeling of being hit behind corners in some select situations. This effect was minimal compared to for example ET antilag.

On a different note, so I can continue to help you document the impact of unlag, can I be unbanned from the server? :) :) :)

I didn't ban you sorry.

I tried to explain to you that it's not about being killed by your opponent. It's about shooting your opponent and them not dying without regard to ping.

I'll give you an example, I can not seem to kill del at all he runs right through me but when we disabled unlag I could drop him like any other player. We both ping 50. Do I think he hacks or is exploiting anything? Of course not. This happens with many players who ping low.

I just hope when I show you what I experience you don't try to push it off as a lag issue or something of that nature.

Also note my accuracy. It was 40% I fired 21 shots so that's 9 hits out of 21 shots fired. The one previous encounter I had with villain were the only other shots fired and they would have did nothing but bring my total accuracy down unless I shot 100% which I didn't. So if you cancel that encounter 10 or 11 hits against Hayling is not unrealistic.

Postby parcher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 am

I have that issue with a few players. SDI can stand in one place and kill me, bacon can sit and crouch and kill me, and I had that issue with ghost too. However, I did experience it without unlag as well, but to a lessened degree probably due to ping of the players.

When I say they kill me, I mean the encounter is a little strange, like I'm crippled or something and cant land fire in return. I kind of just chalk it up to a freak encounter or their good aim or my lack of dodging. That said, nothing like this has ever happened to me in OSP, that I can recall.

Postby dash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:33 am

Jun1or you've had a lot of time to be able to produce some evidence/demos for this shit. You make it seem like it's a consistent thing so hurry up and show us already.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein