Suggestion

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

RTCW Admin

Suggestion

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Suggestion:

Auto return to beach after say 4 rounds of the same map. Instead of 1 round.

RTCW Admin

Re: Suggestion

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Mon May 16, 2016 8:12 am

Noted. Won't be changed immediately. Have some other changes to make first

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:Suggestion:

Auto return to beach after say 4 rounds of the same map. Instead of 1 round.

You mean return to beach after 4 rounds instead of 2? I agree, if so.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I was counting a round as : A - B

you know what I mean.. yeah 1 off 1 def..

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Tue May 17, 2016 4:07 am

2 stop-watch rounds... sounds good to me too. its a smart move to run a maprotation with beach only, but enable map-voting. nice.
maa, how do you manage to execute the different map configs? e.g. assault or destruction would be a different setting than beach with respawntimes and maxlives for axis/allies.
i can only auto-execute the map.cfgs in the maprotation, but not if maps get voted or changed by an admin.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:25 pm

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:2 stop-watch rounds... sounds good to me too. its a smart move to run a maprotation with beach only, but enable map-voting. nice..

no I mean 4 ABBA ABBA ABBA ABBA. Having 4 will enable enough time to map vote while on the current map, in lieu of going back to beach and then calling vote to get off beach.

Also if no vote is cast it will eventually go back to beach on its own after the 4 rounds of ABBA

Postby murkey » Wed May 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Thank you for enabling map voting, you're a hero MAA. Good suggestion Dead Eye.

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Thu May 19, 2016 3:58 pm

will there be admin map switching again?

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 am

likethat wrote:will there be admin map switching again?

I worked a bit on adding this back in (and the TK points system as well)
Let me know if there's any issue with it.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 am

is there a reason why pb is still disabled? i suggest to enable it again.
also noticed weird respawn times on assault - 24 seconds for allies (dunno what axis respawntimes were), shouldnt it be 20/10 (defending/attacking team)?

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:39 am

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:is there a reason why pb is still disabled? i suggest to enable it again.
also noticed weird respawn times on assault - 24 seconds for allies (dunno what axis respawntimes were), shouldnt it be 20/10 (defending/attacking team)?

No pb in iortcw
Spawns are 25/10 on assault for balance.
I added map specific config support in iortcw (which is how I'm doing it now) but you can do it in vanilla as well by executing a config before calling the map in your rotation. eg. set map2 "exec assault.cfg; map mp_assualt; ... etc"

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Ya, it's great MAA - the changes that you have made/are making - aside from some 5 second lag spikes which I'm sure you already are aware of, the new things on the server are effective, add to the fun and much appreciated!

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:57 pm

MAA

Same thing still happening.. one round it goes straight back to beach. and someone is immediately calling vote for another map.. we go thru a few min of a started round and finally a map takes .

If theres anyway to make more rounds on a map,, or to have maybe a longer time after a full round to allow voting etc. Because right now it immediately goes back to beach soon as it ends.

Also, can you strengthen the kick in the kickable air strikes? seems weaker than it used to be.

Thanks .

Postby pipi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Can we have some new maps aswell? We play the same freaking 6 or 8 maps (and mostly beach ofc) or whatever for like 14 years. Wouldn't mind something new for a change.

There are hundreds of maps on this website: http://wolfenstein4ever.de/index.php/do ... s?start=20 . Definately some good ones between.

We should add some suggestions here, do a vote and add 1 or 2 maps from that list to the server. Some of the best maps like marketgarden, frostbite or Tram :) weren't official maps in the beginning.

A few suggestions: - supplydepot: one of the best ET maps exists also in RTCW form, why not try it?
- Airship/Airstrip
- schwalbe
- mk_floodedtown
- etc... loads more good ones on that site

Or just some maps like Tundra or Escape who are/were frequently played on other pub servers would be good aswell.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:21 am

i agree, we really need some new maps. the only custom map we get is frostbite.
like pipi said: projekt schwalbe, flooded town, tundra, escape -> great maps
i also suggest mml_church, hydro dam, wizernes, tundra, kungfu (well, ok, we get kungfu every 2 months once), paderborn, password2, communique (way better than base), beach2e, tank, river... there are tons of awesome maps. maybe just add some from time to time please? and maybe some more creativity by admins when changing maps, i know there are already other custom maps than frostbite (must be msb's favourite) on the server.

also, maa, please re-think the maxlives settings on some maps. can't be whole axis team gets skulled 10 minutes b4 round ends on castle (and teams weren't that bad).

cheers

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein