Spawn Killing...either side

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Johnny Autism

Spawn Killing...either side

Postby Johnny Autism » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:26 pm

Spawn killing is extremely out of hand. Infact last night when MMgood was playing he kicking people who did it. This is a good policy. I was just playing and never made it out of the front bunker as an ally. Allies should not sit there with a flamer in axis spawns. Let the game play out, its more fun and we all get more points that way. I never spawn kill. I do throw strikes in the trench but no on the front bunker and I never go in the bunker with a grenade or flamer, cause I know how much it pisses me off. Please, in the spirit of the game, don't freaking flam the front bunker, that really provides a fun challenge, hitting sitting ducks. Let the game play, if you are good enough as a team you should still win without spawn camping. Just a little rant.:)

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:12 pm

I think it is totally appropriate to bomb the front bunker, there are ways to get out of bunker without getting turned into hamburger, just go out the backdoor and go around outside to wall. I know it gets frustrating but everyone airstrikes the front bunker. As for running through with a flamer or nade into the front bunker I think thats ok to and heres why. The front bunker is an axis bunker and plays a valuable part in allies winning the game so the axis has every right to try and take back the forward bunker and make it harder for the allies to get to docs. Plus with the new max lives its pretty much suicide for axis to try to take forward bunker and u will see more of them skull out because of it. Well anyway I think that being a spawn killer is the lowest level of gaming existence in any game, so please be careful who we lable spawn killers. Later for now and see ya on.

Johnny Autism

I agree

Postby Johnny Autism » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:17 pm

ASh Wolverine,

I was just frustrated I guess. I get so annoyed just appearing only to die. I do go around the wall. I sometimes don't even make it there. I definitely agree that a spawnkiller is the lowest thing. So I guess I agree, but yeah I was damn frustrated.

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:21 pm

Hey man ive been there and done that, it definatly gets frustrating as hell when u cant even get out of the bunker so i fell ur pain man but we must just forge ahead and kick ass. So good luck and see ya on.

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:55 pm

Hey guy's

Ists not cool the spawn killing, but its part of the game..it buy's ur side a lot of time..and if u have the objec. and couple of team members are spawn killing axis it is a real atvantage to both sides..
But i still hate it when F bunker get turns into a napalm zone heheh

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:48 pm

The way it was being done was what was pissing me off. They were taking advantage of a bug to spawn kill. They were putting mortars on top of the roof and the explosions would go through the ceiling into the spawn. It wasnt like it was just outside the door, you could be standing INSIDE the bunker and die.

Johnny Autism

Yeah, I agree

Postby Johnny Autism » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:25 pm

That does not happen very much, its ok, I was just real frustrated.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:31 pm

I am working on a way to increase the invulnerability time after spawn to get rid of this.

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:21 am

What is everyones thoughts on spawnkilling on the Allies side.. I must admit it is a blast when you (Lt.) and a medic are raping the beach, specifically close to the boats... but, would this also classify as "cheap play" ?

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein