Beach Server Settings

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Postby PL_M@ster » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:48 pm

Yeah... It's back to normal. I ping 100-130 like usually now, it's better than what I got during all summer long.

Postby Wolfy2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:22 pm

maybe having no flamers cuz the ppl that use them just end up killing half of their team...

peace

Postby Sabres » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:24 pm

Not this flamer argument again...

Postby King » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:49 pm

i think all the weapon limits are fine, its the assholes who dont know how to use them that is the problem.

Fundamentals are important to any game, some people need to use common sense when it comes to their playing. I know i make bonehead mistakes but I also know some of my decisions while playing the game can pay off for my team in one way or another.
"Whats the Situation?" "Two blokes and a fuckload of cutlery!"

Be my Cronie! http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=61909

VlfPlyer

Postby VlfPlyer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:49 pm

Originally posted by Kingofbeers
i think all the weapon limits are fine, its the assholes who dont know how to use them that is the problem.

Fundamentals are important to any game, some people need to use common sense when it comes to their playing. I know i make bonehead mistakes but I also know some of my decisions while playing the game can pay off for my team in one way or another.

limits fine: agree
need common sense and fundamentals: agree
you make bonehead mistakes: no comment:lol:

VlfPlyer

Postby VlfPlyer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:53 pm

Originally posted by Wolfy2
maybe having no flamers cuz the ppl that use them just end up killing half of their team...

peace

I am no one to really talk but there is a good means of application when using the flamer.

If your killing your m8s then drop it and watch someone who knows how to use it.

It is IMHO a support weapon for the team. Eat up enemy health with it and then others can finish them off.

Postby SavageParrot » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:12 am

There is also the element of 'don't run in front of the flamer/panzer/venom'. There are a lot of players who are very bad at reading situations and consistently run in front of other peoples lines of fire when it should be obvious not to.

If you run in front of a panzer in that 2 or so seconds of priming (when it makes the squealing noise) before it fires you don't have the right to complain as far as i am concerned. Same deal if you run between a venom and his prey and a flamer and whatever door he is trying to close up. I admit there are a lot of dangerous noobs who will tk you regardless of where you stand but for the rest a little common sense will go a long way to keeping you alive.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

VlfPlyer

Postby VlfPlyer » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:20 am

Originally posted by SavageParrot
There is also the element of 'don't run in front of the flamer/panzer/venom'. There are a lot of players who are very bad at reading situations and consistently run in front of other peoples lines of fire when it should be obvious not to.

If you run in front of a panzer in that 2 or so seconds of priming (when it makes the squealing noise) before it fires you don't have the right to complain as far as i am concerned. Same deal if you run between a venom and his prey and a flamer and whatever door he is trying to close up. I admit there are a lot of dangerous noobs who will tk you regardless of where you stand but for the rest a little common sense will go a long way to keeping you alive.

Couldn't agree more- I nip more people with the venom than I care to.
It is amazing how someone is looking at you providing supressing fire for them, and then they run in front of you before you stop firing.........

LordShard

Postby LordShard » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:33 pm

Originally posted by SavageParrot

I have that problem allot, people running into the flames or wanting to play with the shiney red ball of death.

LordShard

Postby LordShard » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:48 pm

Here is the way it goes, I ussually yell fire in teh hole about 5 times, clear the path and move, generally spamming it if people don't seem to be aware that a panzer is charging and when everyone finally clears out, and I'm ready to kill a room full of axis some boob jumps infront of me and all the allies die.

>.o

Runn4r

Postby Runn4r » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:55 pm

You really need to put the lives back to where they were before. This is no fun at all. Allies = 39 lives
Axis = 24

VlfPlyer

Postby VlfPlyer » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:55 pm

Originally posted by LordShard
Here is the way it goes, I ussually yell fire in teh hole about 5 times, clear the path and move, generally spamming it if people don't seem to be aware that a panzer is charging and when everyone finally clears out, and I'm ready to kill a room full of axis some boob jumps infront of me and all the allies die.

>.o

:lol:

Thats Mr. Boob to you, thank you very much.

Postby Sabres » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:56 pm

I like the lives at 19. It makes you really think and be careful. Plus, if the axis can kill you 19 times and gib you 19 times, you deserve to be skulled. The skull is just a reward to the axis for killing you so much and then it is one less they have to worry about.

If you are working as a team and not fooling around, 19 lives should be good enough to last you through the round. If they decide to add more lives, make it 25, one for each minute.

Postby Stl Lunatic » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:25 pm

I think that if the lives are not changed back to normal, that the admins should put a stop to team stackage and or when the allies are obveosely unmatched to the axis. It just makes the server not a fun place...and we all know that it is a fun place, so lets not keep it that way. :)

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:32 pm

By putting the lives down so low, all the matches will turn into a gay campfest. Why bother holding the upperbase when everyone else is in the warroom camping.:-\

put the lives back--25 for axis and 40 for allies

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein