I was banned....

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BFV server, post here.
spoobat

I was banned....

Postby spoobat » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:03 pm

I was on the #2 bf-v server on 8/19. The map was flaming dart. Instead of contributing nothing to the team by plane camping, I hopped on the machine gun of the 469 at the mig 21 hangar, and started firing away at ARVN jets and choppers which were bombing the tower and flying off to kill more of my team. This is very productive, since more spawns and less deaths for the NVA team make less of a ticket bleed. Blowing up jets deprive the enemy of vehicles. I was being a good team player, and other people with sa-7's and even an astray flak gun joined me at that airfield, decimating jets and choppers.
So this guy, named "AdamCJ" or something, who got a medal on the previous map, stares at me in my machine gun jeep which was near an ammo box, then jumps in the driver's seat and starts driving off into the jungle, away from the airfield for some reason. I tell him to stop and get out, for that is detrimental to the team and very selfish. He ignores me, so I get out and run back to the airfield. He respawned there, then tked me with his AK, and my other AA friends there called him a noob and questioned his previous actions. He then said that I was contributing nothing to the team (perhaps thinking I was camping even though I was on the MG and shooting at jets the whole time he was staring at me), discounted my argument by pointing to his "uber" performance on the previous map, and said that the team was losing because of him. The mig 21 tower is smoking now because of jet bombing, for the airfield was now free of an AA threat thanks to him. I call him an a-hole and call him egotistical, and he asks me how old I am (17, if that matters), and refutes any claim I had that I was helping out the team. So shortly he calls an admin on me and I am banned from the server.
I like the #2 server, because the people are actually very intelligent and social compared to normal 32+ servers, it is not laggy, and there is much teamwork. I tried to fit into this big puzzle in my own niche as a contributor, but immaturity, selfishness, and bad discretion by that other player and the admin led to my banning. I see this ban as inexcusable, and the admin's particular witnessing to a player's "tattletale" claim on another player is something that I would not expect from an ECGN server. Please consider my argument and unban me, because I want to jump on the server and have fun with all the ECGN bf-v players. Thank you.

Postby Mugzy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:10 pm

I am the admin that banned you fo a week. I understand that you were mad, but after you two bitched for several min I told you to drop it.

I told you twice to stop or be kicked. The other guy shut up, but you kept going on and on.

I will remove the ban, but next time if someone tells you stop or get kicked you should stop.

Gald to see you enjoy the server and look forward to killing you in the game.
Mugzy
Senior Admin
Admin tool developer

Return to Battlefield Vietnam