Messed with my wolf install to play a 1.0 server...

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Messed with my wolf install to play a 1.0 server...

Postby Destructor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 pm

now I'm banned from ECGN.

I've been playing on {MOB}}FugaZ!DM server late at night cause there are usually people on. On that server I wasn't able to get hitsounds or blood to work. After talking to a Elvis (aka cassette) he gave me Z_[AoD]_Sound_1.pk3, Z_[AoD]_Sound_2.pk3, and Z_[AoD]_Soundpack_1.pk3 to put in my main folder. I was still having some problems so Teh Fosh told me to grab RtCW_1.0_PB.exe from the S4ndMoD website. I got it ran it and FugaZ!DM works just fine, but couldn't play on ECGN. I re-ran the 1.41 update, tried to join the beach server and it says "You have been banned from this server".

Please help, I've been playing here for 11 years and I'm not quite sure what I've done wrong.

Thank you!

Re: Messed with my wolf install to play a 1.0 server...

Postby murkey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:16 pm

I keep my 1.0 and 1.4 in separate folders.

1) You're not banned from ECGN, you are probably just missing your CD KEY. Check your rtcw 1.4 folder for a file called "rtcwkey". Open it with NOTEPAD. Once done put your CDKEY there without dashes or spaces all in one line for example: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP after that save the file and try reconnecting to ECGN.

2) As for 1.0 hitsounds download them and put them in your 1.0's main folder. (link below)

3) For the blood thing you're talking about if you would like to play with NO blood in your screen you will have to patch your 1.0 with the "pb fix" which then would allow you to disable the blood from being seen in your screen. (link below)

4) If you want links to re-download either 1.0 or 1.4 let me know I uploaded both but, keep in mind both have absolutely no config so you'll have to put your own config in and edit the game to how you want *such a pain I know* I won't post the links publicly since I don't think it's allowed :D but let me know and i'll pm you it =)

5) Elvis and Cassette are two different people :D

HitSounds:
http://puu.sh/5uecH/7ebfd0f356.pk3

Punk Buster patch:
http://puu.sh/5ue9u/fdc2a53552.zip

Postby Destructor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks Murkey. Got 1.4 working again, though my lighting is a bit weird (gotta re-tweek the config). gonna work on 1.0 later tonight.

Postby murkey » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:39 am

Glad to hear it. If you need the 1.0 full download link let me know. The one with the proper sounds and textures. :)

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein