Siluro Ban Appeal

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

RTCW Admin

Re: Siluro Ban Appeal

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:51 am

So...no evidence of cheating offered whatsoever.

I think the initial reaction to it was the right one...disconnect if you're too scared to play against him.

Ban removed.

Postby Cruc1f1x » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:24 am

:ar15: :flame:

Postby -|SS|-Lao » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 am

Thank you MAA for reviewing and removing the ban.

brujah wrote:Yeah to what deadeye is saying, having the same colors, like the teal capital S with a black name. So you mean to Say siluro, seream, lao, xplixit, Greg, that this person supposedly set you up using your name and getting caught....with A bunch of your names and color schemes. Ok I'll buy it, but you also happen to be in many of the same clans as this person, dark, xd, ss,(w:c), wth...so he happened to also be apart of every clan you were in, but dislikes you to the point of getting you caught hacking. And the official mbl page
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-e0d4047a-vb32844.html

So I never said that I didn't know the guy, I knew him well and met him in WTH (back in 2005-6 WTH was quite large, maybe the biggest presence of a clan on ECGN but I'm sure at least 15 active members, most likely more). So to clear up who I am, I went by Lao, and Siluro later on, Siluro was really a name I started using when I picked up quake 4. Greg, Xplixit, seream is not me. In fact Greg and Seream were actually brothers (playing often on the same key, ip (maybe computer? I don't remember that part for sure)... There was a time when ECGN didn't feel like quite enough, and there were fragments of leagues or TWL seasons that I still wanted to be a part of, so myself, Seream, and a few other of the interested WTH players tried to get involved and most of us being 15 year olds at the time we came up with a new clan every month like dark, xd, w:c, and I'm sure many more, but that was all within the span of 3 months I bet, more of a throw away name that never lasted as part of some petty identity crisis.

So did this person set me up? I don't know, I doubt it was even malicious intent considering that these names were logged in 2006 when this player (Greg or his brother) and he wasn't caught with anything up until 2007 a year later. That would take a lot of serious planning, my guess was it was to screw with people and troll back on ChaosDM days. Instead of coming into a server under your own name, play with the name of a friend for laughs, or to pretend you were someone else me and beat others players to prove a point... I would be surprised if others never did the same in their 10+ years of playing the game when they used a friends name on the server.

But you can check even on this very forum, there is a WTH|Greg who posted often (this key in question), along with myself. Eventually Greg was banned from ECGN, and I'm sure MAA would have connected the two of us if we were the same person. The admins know how to check IPs among other things and keep out players (like Lukino for example from coming back).

Postby caffeine » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:05 pm

a few thoughts:

1- if you don't think these virgins are hacking just b/c the game is 'dead' or 'why would someone hack now' you're an idiot. silo released the source code in what? 2005? PB stopped updating like 5 years ago? people are hacking. they always have, always will.

2- i don't think siluro or his boy luna are legit. but whatever. i'd rather them on the server than some of these other smegheads.

3- if anyone deserves a ban it's kman. dude hogs panzer every night, all night. never offers it to anyone else. tks the shit out of everyone. never improves, shoots at the 1st enemy he sees. if someone steals panz he either goes spec until someone leaves with it or he'll just run around soldier/thompson. cool player. PEACE

4- alpha has been thinking he's in the 'warrior' tier of players since Nam. he's good, but not great. but he'll tell you he's great, over, and over, and over... BORING

5- ecgn might have the worst bullet registration i've ever seen.

6- murkey is like a 14 year old canadian. 90% of those gays are hacking. so take his imput w/ a grain of salt.

7- crucifix seems like a decent player. he was in a couple scrims w/ us. not hacking imo.

8- brujah is gay

9- i think GS will come back to beat the cavs

10- F this i'm out

Postby murkey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Caffeine's logic is amazing, brujah is gay, i'm 14, alpha is bad, crucifix is god, Luna is a hacker. So much sense in one post. Pretty sure we know who to listen to when it comes down to whose a hacker and who isn't now. :lol: do you even dress yourself in the morning

Postby caffeine » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:32 pm

wolf stalker reporting in! thanks NO LIFE

Postby Meshugga » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Postby AlphA » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:32 pm

2009:
caffeine wrote:-to say that no good teams were around after the 1st few years of wolf is kind of a nonsense statement. i'd argue that the players who lasted past the first series of years were better, as their shots evolved and strats did as well. everyone sucks off the "doctors" but they played 1 season of wolf. a team of professional gamers. there were some very good teams in the middle years and a 3 or 4 during the late years. if you didn't think guys like slaya and alpha neo couldn't hold their own then you must be tripping.

2015:
caffeine wrote:4- alpha has been thinking he's in the 'warrior' tier of players since Nam. he's good, but not great. but he'll tell you he's great, over, and over, and over... BORING

Mad cause still bad.

Edit: I've forgotten more about being a winning RtCW and FPS player/in-game-leader than you ever learned to begin with. I'd be salty after all these years, too.

Postby Tragic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Enjoying all this hacker talk. Wouldn't be rtcw, without the hacker talk. After all, it's 2015. ;)

As for warpig, you among many others(assassin, euro, etc) Call hacks on lots of people every time your on, including me. If you've actually played osp, you'd know I'm not best. That being said, I must have only a shrub bot right?

As for shaz, I thought I had a long list of names on yawn, clearly I was beat. :p

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:28 am

The admin contact form was broken with the last PHP update. I have fixed the PEAR error and it is now working again. If a user sent a message to any of the admins through the web mailer it would show successful but the server wouldn't actually mail it out. I have added an extra check to validate if the message was actually sent successfully, if not it will return the PEAR error. Sorry guys.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:18 am

np junior, thanks for doin what you do.

Postby caffeine » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:32 pm

dude drags up an out of context post from Nam. get a grip orange boy

Postby Hayling » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I would stay neutral until something ugly and no-surprise turns up. Siluro always got it covered with proof.

As of right now if you ask me he's cheating.

I would give you an MJ response already. "Are you stupid?"

As for hitboxes with Shrubmod? lol, Badmod back in 1.33 was even worse that an average noob could easily hit players back in 2007. 1.33 would be dead with in months. Antilag...? 2015 as opposed to 2007 where you can actually hit players. Some anti-lag revision maybe needed.

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein