Why was I banned?

If you have been banned from any of our BF2 Pubs, Please post here.
-=1stDiv=-Xanif

Why was I banned?

Postby -=1stDiv=-Xanif » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:02 am

This is not a plea for unbanning, I am just curious as to why my character: -=1stDiv=-Xanif was banned from the EGNetwork #1 server about 10 minutes ago as of the time of this post. There was alot of TKing going on, and some of my clanmates were involved, but I am just curious if you make it a habit to ban entire clans for the actions of a few individuals.

I, by no means, had a good score(2 and 7 because I was trying to defend our last point on Kubra Dam from 2 tanks, an APC, 2 blackhawks and a cobra helicopter vs me and my antitank weaponary), but I certainly didn't have the score outlook of a TKer.

If I could have an explanation, that is all I would like. These are the first decent servers I have found since the gamecenter.com ones dissapeared, and it is a shame to be banned from them due to profiling of clans.

Sidenote: I have checked the ban log, and am not in it for some reason.

Anyways, thank you for your time.

Postby residue » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:06 am

[01:38:45] -=1stDiv=-Xanif -> Put up or shut up
[01:38:57] -=1stDiv=-Xanif -> Either ban us from all ranked servers or just fucking lay the game
[01:39:09] -=1stDiv=-Xanif -> Enough of this shit talk

-=1stDiv=-Xanif

Postby -=1stDiv=-Xanif » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:09 am

Okay? You posted several lines of me asking players to stop harrassing me and my squad mates. He had been making threats for quite some time and it was starting to get irritating so I asked him to stop in a forceful manner.

Worthy of a kick, maybe, but a ban because I asked him to either follow through with the threats or stop making them?

Just a little more information on my behalf: None of his threats were directed at me, they were all at my clanmates.

Postby residue » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:12 am

the ban is permanent.

-=1stDiv=-Xanif

Postby -=1stDiv=-Xanif » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:16 am

Originally posted by residue
the ban is permanent.

That is acceptable, it's your choice at all. You have yet to explain to me, though, how exactly I was being disruptive...which is all I asked about in my original post. If you are unwilling to explain, then I suppose I have no power over that, but I don't understand why you ban the players being harrassed(me being threatened with a ban for TKing, which I never did except when one of my squad mates scared me and I shot him), instead of banning the player doing the harrassing(the guy who was threatening me).

Return to Battlefield 2