Switch to full style
Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...
Post a reply

Top 25 Sci-fi moments of the past 25 years

Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036782_20037403_20037541,00.html

Pretty cool, i haven't seen all the films/shows that they mention, i do remember V being on TV and being horrified at alien invaders when i was 5. There review of Battlestar-Gallactica makes me want to go out and buy the first season on dvd.. which is where im headed to now.

My only disappointment to the list was that Back to the Future was not closer to the top 3 ;)

Re: Top 25 Sci-fi moments of the past 25 years

Sat May 05, 2007 4:22 pm

BSG is kickass!!! buy it

Sun May 06, 2007 12:51 am

Watched the mini-series first, god that was great... im thinking that this was a wise investment. Thanks for the prod in the right direction CC.

Sun May 06, 2007 1:05 pm

NP. My only regret to BSG is that I have to wait till Jan 08 for the next season :(

Sun May 06, 2007 4:15 pm

BSG is still on my to-do list.
I must first finish forgetting about the original series, with our blow-dried heroes playing the game in speedos.

Mon May 07, 2007 2:21 pm

I just plowed through season 1 over the weekend. Brilliant. What a great show. I can liken it to a way better Space: Above and Beyond from the mid '90s.. and i LOVED that show. Story line is great, No. 6 is hot, suprises around every turn.

Just got a great deal at Best Buy season 2.0 and 2.5 together for 50 bucks. Looking forward to getting through those too.

Mon May 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Chacal wrote:BSG is still on my to-do list.
I must first finish forgetting about the original series, with our blow-dried heroes playing the game in speedos.

Long live Starbuck & Apollo. :worship: Great show when I was just a lad!!

Mon May 07, 2007 8:39 pm

Without giving anything away, the season finale of BSG is a pretty amazing SciFi moment. Actually all the season finales of BSG have been pretty amazing.

Mon May 07, 2007 8:49 pm

King wrote:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036782_20037403_20037541,00.html

Pretty cool, i haven't seen all the films/shows that they mention, i do remember V being on TV and being horrified at alien invaders when i was 5. There review of Battlestar-Gallactica makes me want to go out and buy the first season on dvd.. which is where im headed to now.

My only disappointment to the list was that Back to the Future was not closer to the top 3 ;)

Born '71, man this is bringing back the old days, 10 when ET came out, and I loved most the V mini series and V the series, canceled after one year, was on every Friday night @ 8:00 pm EST.................funniest part of the mini series, u could stop them by just shooting their legs lol, and Freddy Krueger giving birth to an alien baby......................"Welcome to prime time bitch"

Tue May 08, 2007 11:50 am

I love Mystery Science Theaters. They are a natural sleeping pill for me, don't think I've ever been able to finish one. I rented children of men and thought it was more drama then sci-fi then again I just want to rub against Clive Owens furiously!

Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 am

Just finished BSG 2nd season, goddamn, I didn't even realize that was Lucy Lawless. And Al from Quantum Leap too... I have a bad habit of thinking everyone new that shows up is a Cylon. I suppose thats to be expected though, due to the excellent writing.

Thu May 24, 2007 2:31 pm

That list lost all credibility when it included the retarded little star wars cartoon...

Also what kind of retard puts "children of men" higher than "firefly" or even "starship troopers" for that matter? The film was average at best...

"Lost" higher than "back to the future"?... Where's their office, They need a kicking.

THE NEXT GENERATION EVEN MAKING THE LIST?....WHY DON'T THEY INCLUDE THE FUCKING EWOKS CARTOON AS WELL WHILE THEY ARE AT IT?!!!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:18 am

I LOVED starship troopers.... man those bugs were awesome!

But Denise Richads might have had something to do with it too.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:44 am

I prefered the other chick dizzy (I forget the actresses name). Maybe because she got her baps out but who can tell :p
Post a reply