America: Freedom To Fascism

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

America: Freedom To Fascism

Postby Rand0m » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 am

I really don't enjoy conspiracy theories because they either present too much information that one could never get a hold of or make farfetched connections. I'm not really sure how I feel about this movie because I personally don't know all the facts. If what Aaron Russo has said in this documentary is true, it's kinda scary. The only thing I hate about these types of movies is that people jump on the bandwagon way too fast without doing research of their own. People who support the film and do not research anything that he has said are exactly the people he describes in the film. Oblivious.

I stumbled upon the video last night after I was looking at jobs with the IRS. I'm probably going to major in accounting which is why I was looking at jobs there. The only question I have is, hopefully some of you may have seen the movie or can give me some info, what would happen to the accounting profession if the income tax was abolished and a sales tax was put in place? How would the abolishment of the income tax affect the accounting procedures in the private and public sector?

I know that audit would still be a large sector because audits are mainly used to ensure the honesty of financial documents for the company and investors. But wouldn't the tax area be almost or completely abolished? I know there would still be state taxes to pay but without the federal income tax, many tax accountants would not be needed. The IRS would be put completely out of business, I assume.

How probable is it that the income tax could be abolished in my lifetime? Are you guys for a sales tax vs. the income tax? I am all for paying taxes as long as I know where it's going. The argument for the sales tax is that no matter where your money comes from, under the table or over the table, everyone has to buy things enabling everyone to be taxed.

Anyways, most of this stuff is way over my head but here is a link if anyone wants to watch it-

http://www.smalllinks.com/5DQ

It has a very Zeitgeistish feel to it and takes a few things from that movie.

Re: America: Freedom To Fascism

Postby PafMei » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:04 pm

I saw this when it first came out. Great doc. Russo was great man. God bless his soul. He make the whole doc while being ate up with cancer.

RTCW Admin

Re: America: Freedom To Fascism

Postby S.Shooter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Zeitgeist 2 - Coming in October...
| I5 4670k @ 4.1Ghz | Corsair H50 | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | 16GB RAM | EVGA GTX 680 SLi | Fractal Design Newton 800w platinum |
| 250GB ssd + 4TB | 3x BenQ XL2420T + 3D Vision gen 2| Win7 x64 | Logitech mx518 | Sennheiser HD 598 |

Return to Movies