BF42.com community update. ECGN Information as well as other big topics

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.

BF42.com community update. ECGN Information as well as other big topics

Postby Buliwyf » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:44 am

from http://www.bf42.com

The East Coast Gaming Network along with BF42.com are pround to announce a new promotional offer for clans in CAL and TWL who are active and ranked or in a league. The promotion offers a 26 player server with voice for just $150 US per month! Thats under $6.00 per player! If your interested, which you should be, you can contact your league administrator or Summit for more information on how to get the clan server specials. Along with the special offer, ECGN is proud to announce the openning of a Chicago Server Center to provide better pings and better service!

Although ECGN is our main sponsor, we are also looking for more support from other companies wishing to advertise on our site. To have a banner (468x60) added into the rotation, it costs $250 US a month with 30% going to our clan "Grant" fund. This fund will provide clans with donations to help pay for their ECGN servers. The rest of the money gained from sponsors will be put directly into paying for our file servers which pushed 130mbits for the DC 0.39 release. We are also aiming to purchase a new server to increase speed and decrease wait times. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, or want more information on traffic or if you you have any questions, please contact Summit.

BF42.com and ECGN have officially become the sponsors of OISRadio. OISRadio is now the leading BF1942 Shoutcasting station for CAL and TWL providing coverage of Matches of the Week and Playoffs from both leagues. We will be providing the radio server along with the recorded matches to be hosted on our file server. Stay tuned to BF42.com and OISRadio for upcoming match information!
Just a reminder to all TWL and CAL clans are free to use our league servers for practice and match play. More information for CAL teams is available here and information for TWL teams is located here. We hope to see as many teams activly using the servers as they are a valuable resource.

The Xcelerator III - X3 LAN event is set to get underway in Chantilly, VA this weekend. BF42.com along with ECGN are sponsoring this event providing servers along with a $500 Grand prize to the winning team! There isn't much time left before the event starts, but there is still time to sign up. You can head over to the X3 Website for more information on how to sign up! Good luck to all participants!

Our partner, BFTracks will be officially launch its new North American trackers this Thurday to provide you with live server and player stats from all over North America. We are going to be tracking the TWL and CAL servers and we will be doing a series of give aways. We will update you with more information on this contest a little later, but for now, just keep supporting us by playing in our servers!

A short update on the staff applications. I have reviewed the 35 applications that I recieved and I will be sending out messages to those that have been accepted for a position today and tomorow. Unfortunatly, many of you may not be joining our staff, and I have some tough desisions to make as per who is selected. So please be patient and if you do not recieve an email, I am sorry but we need the best of the best to help us out. Also, we are looking for a few coders and graphics artists to help out also. I will have more information about that a little later today.

Finally, BF42.com is preparing to start its Secret Weapons of WWII IRC Give-away soon. All you have to do is get mIRC and idle in our official channel on Gamesnet.net in #bfcentral and talk with the rest of the community and in 5 random drawings, we will select 5 different people that are in the channel and they will recieve a free copy of Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons! We will have more information on this contest and other giveaways in the next couple of days!
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Return to The Smokin' Room