Wolf 1.42 (aka iortcw) released!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

RTCW Admin

Wolf 1.42 (aka iortcw) released!

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Well,

After a year of development, I've decided it's time for a release... Wolf 1.42 (aka iortcw) is an updated game engine for Return to Castle Wolfenstein based on the open source ioquake3 engine. There are hundreds of fixes and new features to bring the game more up to date while staying compatible with existing 1.41 release. (Unfortunately no Punkbuster support because that is closed source)

What's new: (Brief list)

Client:
SDL backend
OpenAL sound API support (multiple speaker support and better sound quality)
Full x86_64 (64-bit) support (all platforms including Mac)
Optional new OpenGL2 based renderer for improved graphics. See rend2-readme.txt
Bloom lighting for original renderer
VoIP support, both in-game (using Opus 1.1 codec) and external support through Mumble. See voip-readme.txt
Correct handling of widescreen resolutions
IPv6 support
Working master server list (with support for multiple master servers)
Built-in game minimizer
AVI video capture of demos
Much improved console autocompletion
Persistent console history
Colorized terminal output
Ogg Vorbis support
QVM support
cl_guid support
HTTP/FTP download redirection (using cURL) for fast map and mod downloads
PNG image support
IQM model support
Lots of bug fixes

Server:
HTTP/FTP download redirection (using cURL) for fast map and mod downloads
Fast UDP downloads for legacy clients
Many exploits fixed (getstatus / getinfo flooding and rcon attacks)
Full x86_64 (64-bit) support (all platforms including Mac)
Server side wallhack prevention.
Colorized terminal output.
IPv6 support
Improved standard ban system.
Lots of bug fixes

Please refer to the README for new cvar settings and general information.

Downloads: (To install, just extract the zip file into your existing 1.41 install directory. It should not interfere with your existing files)

Windows (32-bit) - If you want to play on modded pure servers running OSP or Omnibot, you'll need to use this one.
http://beach.ecgnetwork.co/iortcw/iortc ... in_x86.zip

Windows (64-bit) - Should work with server side mods like shrubmod or banimod (mp_bin0.pk3 file must be on server for pure support)
http://beach.ecgnetwork.co/iortcw/iortc ... x86_64.zip

Linux (32-bit) - If you want to play on client modded servers like OSP or Omnibot, you'll need to use this one.
http://beach.ecgnetwork.co/iortcw/iortc ... ux_x86.zip

Linux (64-bit) - Should work with server side mods like shrubmod or banimod (mp_bin0.pk3 file must be on server for pure support)
http://beach.ecgnetwork.co/iortcw/iortc ... x86_64.zip

Mac (Universal Binary - supports 64-bit/32-bit/PPC) - Should work with server side mods like shrubmod or banimod (mp_bin0.pk3 file must be on server for pure support)
http://beach.ecgnetwork.co/iortcw/iortc ... mac_ub.zip

Mac (Terminal versions - 64-bit/32-bit/PPC)
http://beach.ecgnetwork.co/iortcw/iortc ... c_term.zip

Much thanks to the ioquake3 guys, especially ZTM (who always helped when I was stuck and made this a reality) and SmileTheory, fretn, nate ('L0'), and all the die-hard RTCW players who keep the game alive!

RTCW Admin

Re: Wolf 1.42 (aka iortcw) released!

Postby Killer Mike » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Exciting! Can't wait to try it out!

Postby nosy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:26 am

I seem to be getting fairly strong negative mouse acceleration when I jump on the ECGN iortcw with the iortcw client. First thing I noticed on the server was that mouse movements felt very sluggish, so I tested by moving the mouse the length of my mouse pad at different speeds and sure enough slower movements produced far bigger turns than faster ones. I don't get any noticeable negative mouse acceleration if I use the standard 1.4 client on that server

I made sure all of the sensitivity related cvars I could think of were the same as normal (sensitivity 4.5, m_yaw .022, cl_mouseaccel 0, in_mouse 1), as well as other stuff like resolution and checking for any new mouse input cvars. I use windows 7 with the markc mouse accel fix if that's significant

Any thoughts?

Postby 'L0, » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:01 am

If there's some traffic and a genuine interest in it by community, I'll merge OSP and maybe some of the shrub functionality in a open sourced mod.

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:44 am

As well cant wait to try it out.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Does this have raw mouse input?

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:21 pm

nosy:

Try cl_mouseAccelStyle 1

See the README file for more info...

It shouldn't affect your cvars from legacy version since the config is stored in a different folder now.

If you still have a problem, let me know...I can post an SDL2 version for you to try. (Release I put out is based on SDL 1.2.15)

Postby murkey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:44 pm

same here if more people start playing this i will start playing it too atleast 3v3

osp with fixed antilag would be awesome btw XD

Postby pinkname » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Clap, clap!
Clapclapclapclap!
Cplapclapclaplclalcpalclaplclpaclap.
Finally standing ovation.

J.

(soon into testing)

Postby nosy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:07 am

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:nosy:

Try cl_mouseAccelStyle 1

See the README file for more info...

It shouldn't affect your cvars from legacy version since the config is stored in a different folder now.

If you still have a problem, let me know...I can post an SDL2 version for you to try. (Release I put out is based on SDL 1.2.15)

no luck :(

Interesting that a quake live feature is included though, was that inherited from ioquake?

Postby pinkname » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:14 am

Clap clap!

I tried the ECGN server and the win64 client, to me it seems working perfectly, I had no troubles whatsoever. Everythingis fast and smooth. Hopefully some ppl come tonight and we can test it ingame too. I have a question however:

In "legacy" rtcw variables are controlled by pb, and I can get a list of allowed ranges using pb_cvarlist. How is it managed in iortcw? Can you lead me to some documents to read about or explain?

(mkay, I lied: I had some problems, execing my old cfg crashed the client, but nothing to talk about until I investigate it myself first)

Looks like a very proper job done. BRAVO! And many thanks ofc.

J.

RTCW Admin

Postby cateye » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Awesome! Thanks for everyone's hard work on this, can't wait to try it out.

Postby 'L0, » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:55 pm

pinkname wrote:I have a question however:

In "legacy" rtcw variables are controlled by pb, and I can get a list of allowed ranges using pb_cvarlist. How is it managed in iortcw? Can you lead me to some documents to read about or explain?
J.

There is no PB support in iortcw. PB is property licensed so it's functionality was removed before engine was released to public.

Making it work would probably only require some meddling with encapsulating and booting process, but it wont happen due obvious reasons. So for the record, currently there's no anticheat (besides experimental anti-wallhack feature) nor anyway to control cvars.

Postby pinkname » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:39 pm

'L0, wrote:nor anyway to control cvars.

Ohh. I hoped there might be an implementation for that. Using -200 timenudge, high rmse, picmip, rate, 333 fps (and so on) can kill the whole stuff. I can imagine life without pb, but not without cvar limits :o

Hmmmhmmm. Pls correct me if I'm stupid.

J.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:13 pm

pinkname wrote:
'L0, wrote:nor anyway to control cvars.

Ohh. I hoped there might be an implementation for that. Using -200 timenudge, high rmse, picmip, rate, 333 fps (and so on) can kill the whole stuff. I can imagine life without pb, but not without cvar limits :o

Hmmmhmmm. Pls correct me if I'm stupid.

J.

if cl_timenudge is less than -30 , then -30 is used (cl_timenudge does nothing to what other players see on the server anyway)
rmse and picmip aren't a super advantage
rate is limited to what is set on server (sv_maxrate)
333 lets you jump higher, but not farther (it doesn't make you shoot faster either as someone suggested earlier as you are still limited by maxpackets)

Cvars like that can certainly be limited but that's more what a mod is for...I was focused more on the engine stuff without changing gameplay in any way.

Next

Return to Releases