Banned

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BF1942 server, post here.
rcrossl653

Banned

Postby rcrossl653 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:55 pm

I've been banned again. The look up page doesn't seem to show why I've been banned. I suspect someone was mad at my nom de guerre, IkilldJesusandU'reNext? Any other reason, I plead innocent. Unless I boneheadedly made a tK?

I can play for weeks and the name is not a problem and then "BAM", someone gets all huffy.

I like the variety of maps on ecgn's server. Too bad it's so easy to get banned.

Jim diGriz

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:14 pm

It was a timed ban for unknown reason, I'll let the admin that banned you respond any further. :)

Knowing the admin that banned you, I dont think it was cuz of your name.

rcrossl653

Postby rcrossl653 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:36 pm

"It was a timed ban for unknown reason, I'll let the admin that banned you respond any further.

Knowing the admin that banned you, I dont think it was cuz of your name."

So how long is the time? :sighs:

Jim diGriz

Postby Chacal » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:54 pm

The lookup page has been updated and your name is in it. Your current ban is 24 hrs. You HAVE been banned before for inappropriate name, you should have changed after that.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

rcrossl653

Postby rcrossl653 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:54 am

Sure, it will be changed next time I play on the censor's servers, ecgn. Is IkilldJesusandu'renext any worse than say Camel Toe Joe? It's my understanding that the forums are the place to argue. Who decides what's inappropriate?

Jim diGriz

Postby Harry Canyon » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:25 am

Umm... let's see about that name.

So, you think there's nothing wrong with the 'religion' reference in your name?? Comparing that name to Camel's name?? Also, it's not the first time you've been banned??

How surprising........

Not that I'm a religious person, but come on smacket....at least try to show some respect for those that do.

Maybe you should go to the EA servers to play. Seems there are more humanoids like yourself there.

Postby residue » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:50 am

we decide what is inappropriate. you may not agree but that's the reality.

i'd suggest picking less inflammatory names as you're unlikely to make too many friends with your past choices -

IKilldJesusAndU'reNext
YouGotSmoked420
EffinNewbieKilldU
IDidYourMom&SheLikedit

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:22 pm

So easy to get banned from? Dunno what you're talking about... the banned forum has been depressingly slow lately... makes for boring reading :P

As far as your name, I personally don't have a problem with it, but others might, and as an admin, I have to consider the possibility that others may be offended by that name. Since ECGN's pub server is essentially a demonstrator for potential customers, it's not a good idea for those potential customers to be offended by some dude with no sense of propriety.

So, please consider this when you choose a future name :)

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:40 pm

Well I guess I was wrong....the old guy got ya cuz of your name. :P

I dont have a problem with your name but I stand beside the admins that do. I know your not a bad player as I have specd you on occasions because of your name but have never had any complaints about you and you have never given me any reason to kick you. Thanks for changing your name when you play on ECGN servers. See ya in game. :)

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:14 pm

That's cause weve banned all of the really offensive people.

We need to clear the list and start over.

Return to Battlefield 1942