This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Post a reply

Un-warranted Ban?

Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:03 am

I’ve been playing on your server for about 5 months now under several Aliases including Krabmeat, J. Stone, The continental, and recently, Monster Cock (*sigh* -roommates.) I’ve always held your server a step above all others in my “Mental Server Hierarchy” because of its continuously low ping, good admin control, and excellent map rotations. However, the other day when I tried to log on after about 24 hours since the last time I had played, I received a “Banned from Server” message… I don’t recall ever getting banned, and more importantly, I don’t recall doing anything ban-worthy (although I’m not always here to watch who’s using my computer – however, all other users swear that they did nothing either.) I’m not sure what other information you need from me such as IP, CD-key, or other names… please let me know what I can do to resolve this problem! It would be a shame to lose access to my favorite server forever.

Much appreciated,
Nick :( :confused:

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:46 am

Doesn't ring a bell... one of the admins will check the log, or post if they know something.

In the mean time, we will need your CD key hash. You can find this by logging into any server and typing game.listplayers in the console... There is no danger of posting this hash in open forums.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:29 am

None of these names rings a bell.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:35 am

What day was it when you were banned, or when was the first day you found out about the ban?

Date

Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:01 am

The first date of my ban was Tuesday, if I recall correctly. My cd key hash is 19c3161f29b5f6857ee04502165ce4ca, off the top of my head...

Thanks again!
Niko

Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:19 am

I recall having seen the Monster cock alias a few times, and swear I remember seeing it banned, but I forget for what. Possibly bad/abusive language? or just the nick itself?

Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:21 am

I remember monster cock and believe I saw a message for innapropriate language. think real hard for the term europeans use for a ciggarette.

Plus no offense, with a name like monster cock, it's not going to go over with some ppl :)

Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:23 am

I removed your ban from the list.

Thanks!

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:06 pm

Much appreciated... see you all in game!
(attention will be payed to who is playing on my PC at all times to prevent another misunderstanding...)

-Niko
Post a reply