Kicked/Banned unfairly

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Size(Wings)

Kicked/Banned unfairly

Postby Size(Wings) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:06 am

I was kicked/banned for no reason whatsoever off of the return to castle wolfenstein ECGNetwork 24/7 Beach server, by an admin named psycho...

This was unfair in all points mainly because I didn't do anything... In a search to find a good server i expect to be treated with some sort of respect... This admin kicked me, saying "don't challenge me man" which i didn't, in fact i don't know what he's talking about, and he banned me... ECGNetwork is one of my favorite servers, because of the low ping and there are always people there... This is a dissapointment all in all, and hope psycho can be taught what the proper protocol for kicking people are...

Thanks,
Nick aka --==SIZE==--

Be 4warned, WINGS are coming!

Postby Savant » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:04 pm

Hey size, sorry to hear about kick,ban, Psycho is a level headed chap that probably had good reason to kick.
the #1 reason @ bch is door blocking, usually warnings go out maybe a slap or 2, then kick.
now as i wasnt there and didnt witness this, lots of times folks get pissed that they were kicked and completely loose there heads and dis an admin, that 2 is a no no.

are the facts staight?
Sal_Monella

~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O

Postby ~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:17 pm

Post this in Whines and Complaints as well as the name you were playing under.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O wrote on 11-26-2003 08:27 PM:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMmmGood wrote on 11-27-2003 12:20 AM:
I am the lead admin of the server. What can I do for you?

Well, last night I was kicked from your server while it was on the Turbok map. I never received a warning that I was in violation of a rule or that I was going to be kicked. After coming to this site and reading the rules. I assume I was kicked for trying to move the artillery from the base camp(next to the factory) to the hill overlooking the allied bunkers( I'll assume you know the hill I am referring to) while someone else was manning the gunners position. As this is generally a better location for the artillery. I in no way had the intent of riding him to the front to be killed though, I guess he thought otherwise. I apologize for breaking the rule, but I was not aware of it until after the incident. I tried rejoining the server a half-hour later only to find out I was no longer able to do so, so I assume a ban is now in place. I was wondering if you would be willing to give me a 2nd chance. I am sorry about this, but I did not realize how strict the rules were regarding the artillery.

Signed:
~UN-MOVE-ABLE-OBJECT~

Well theres my case. I was too lazy to retype the whole thing so I just cut and pasted it from a PM. I hope this is reviewed by someone with the power to unban. At the time I was using my 2nd name (Spanky-Mc-Bends-Alot). Thx.

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:09 pm

Wasn't me, and the log for 11/26 has rotated out. If no admin remembers this, MMmmGood can unban you if you send him your IP in a PM, especially since you now understand the reason.

Strange though because we don't usually perm ban for that offense. It was probably a one-hour or one-day ban.

As for warnings, with chat lag up to 20 minutes at times, we don't even try anymore.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O

Postby ~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:52 am

This all took place prior to 11/26. IT seems as if the ban was a perm ban, because even 24hrs later I am still unable to join the server. My guess is going on under my other name(DC name) is what helped seal my fate. This also would never have happened if DC .5 had not been so damn buggy, because I would have kept playing DC. Thus these events would have never had a chance to run their course. Anyway I will PM him the information then, thx.

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:58 am

~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O, i was not the admin that temp banned
you but i did see the log. it was a one week temp ban.
i don't remember the date but one week from the night
it happened you should be able to get back in.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:45 pm

Hehe, he probably stole Wairudo's Wespe, hence the one week ban :D

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:05 pm

Yes, it was probably me. I don't see you in my logs though.

You never steal anyone else's vehicle on this server.

Being next to the factory sounds familar though. As during one match of Tobruk I was using a spot and had it next to the factory. That is just THE most annoying thing when you are trying to fire the artillery and some YAHOO thinks he knows a better spot for it. :mad:

When your week is up you are welcome back. Please read the rules, again if necessary, and get TeamSpeak. :)

Edit: I found your name 'Spanky...'. Yes, it was definitely me. You were about the third or fourth person to try and move the piece as I was firing it.

Question though. You obvously saw me firing the artillery. Why would you move an artillery piece that someone is actively firing? I mean the person must obviously have a spot to be firing it from the main base right? or didn't that occur to you?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:02 pm

It was a one week ban, which would of expired this Tuesday. I went ahead and removed it. Please make sure to read the server rules before you go back in.

Thanks.

~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O

Postby ~UN-MOVE-ABLE-O » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:55 pm

That possibility did occur to me, but I know of few people who can use the artillery as effectively in the indirect fire support role (annother words no LOS to the target) as they can when they can see the target they are firing at. Not only that but on top of the hill you can cover a larger area and not just the small area the scout has spotted for you. The plus side to using the scout would be is a cooler way to make the kill. Kinda like the difference between KOing a tank with a mine and KOing a tank with a car bomb. ( car bomb kills are my favs followed by a wing clip kill via guided missile in SW [I have only made 3 : ( ]) Anyway thanks for allowing me back. I'll be sure to leave the artillery alone.

Return to Been Banned?