The Killing {King}

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

The Killing {King}

Postby =Hunter= » Sat May 29, 2004 7:38 pm

I was banned this afternoon after being maimed repeatedly by TheKilling {King} after I tked him. I happen to record most of my games with seimovision demorecord and was recording this one also. I don't tk for fun, i do it when someone is maiming me or my teammates. i would be glad to submit this demo to anyone who would like to see what kind of a player TheKilling{King} is. Also he should be banned not I. No apologies here, I can play elsewhere.

Postby Hellacious » Sat May 29, 2004 8:18 pm

What is your in game name and when did this happen and We can see the reason why you where banned.

In Game Name [ECGN-ADMIN]Hellacious

Postby BladeRunner » Sat May 29, 2004 9:44 pm

Hunter as Hellacious said, what day did this happen?
i checked the recent server logs for the battlefield #1
and Vietnam # 2 server. i don't see any listing for "Hunter"
nor "TheKilling" nor "{King}".

it may not matter any way, tkers don't last long around here
the bot watchs the server for us. if you tk for what ever reason
the bot or an admin will ban you.

from the wording of your post i can't tell if you want to be
unbanned or not.

we have a no tking rule no matter what, the rule is for every
one.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby (SEETHER) » Sat May 29, 2004 10:38 pm

People need to start saying what server they were playing.
:flame:

{Seether}

Postby =Hunter= » Sat May 29, 2004 11:31 pm

RTCW , beach server , i go by =Hunter=
I tend to forget there are other games besides RTCW
I'm an old man with an old computer and I am still kicking your ass.

Postby Savant » Sun May 30, 2004 9:04 am

The Killing{king} you say, wouldnt surprise me in the least, cant make a determination as I wasnt there, will ck the showbans log and inquire for you, would love to see the demo by the way.
Sal_Monella

Keekanoo

Postby Keekanoo » Sun May 30, 2004 9:52 am

It's a tempban Hunter, not a full ban. I recieved word that you were tk'ing and bleeding so I dropped into spec to check it out.

I watched you spawn on the beach as a sniper. You then used your scope on the beach and started targeting friendlies. To your credit, and perhaps as support of your story, you targeted all the friendlies around you until finding Killing King, at which point you killed him.

I only need to see that once to kick someone. Your action was premeditated and determined. Reprisal tk'ing is verboten.

If you or anyone has issues with a player purposefully attempting to bleed or tk you, report it to the admins. Either in public chat or, if you prefer, using the /m name command in console. Ex. /m Savant So and so is killing me. /m sav will also work.

Keek.

Postby =Hunter= » Sun May 30, 2004 10:03 am

I am not denying I TKed him, and I am not about to whine and complain everytime someone maimes me. There seems to be an abundance of newbs and loose trigger fingers on this server. I come here for sniping practice, not to be maimed repeatedly by people like TheKilling King and Ali123, and a few others. I do think you should look at this demo and at least ban people that initiated confilicts. Its not my nature to tattle everytime someone ruins my game. I do recommend that anyone that has a problem with a jerk to record them, especially in a spec mode and then post the demo. Players tend to act right when they know the are being watched and risk humilation. Thanks to the decent players for the good games! I am off to look for more bullet catchers. Hope to see my comrades elsewhere too.

Postby Savant » Sun May 30, 2004 10:03 am

Well there you have it Hunter see ya in a few days
Sal_Monella

Postby =Hunter= » Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 am

by the way thanks for reviewing the demo and banning TheKilling{King} as well. Here is a link for demoplayer/recorder for those who are actually interested http://www.planetquake3.net/seismovision/

Postby Savant » Sun May 30, 2004 10:35 am

Where was that demo again?
Who reviewed?
Sal_Monella

Postby =Hunter= » Sun May 30, 2004 11:08 am

I have the demo and would be glad to send it to you. Nobody reviewed it, or banned TheKilling{Queen}, I was being facetious. If they had they would have seen TheKilling{King} maiming me twice before i defended myself. As most people would be expected to. Preceeding this match I suspect he was the one taking body shots at me from a distance. I didn't have proof (which doesn't matter anyway) until this demo. I also want to confess to Tking the flamer who was flaming all of us and ruining the game the night before. Might be best to make my ban permanent because I can't help myself. Those of you who know me from Xian's, NDs, =SG=, ICE and the other limited lives servers, know I do not TK other than an accident or those assholes who get kicks from ruining our game. Everyone else have a good Memorial Day weekend!

Postby Savant » Sun May 30, 2004 11:18 am

Can you "help your self" on those other servers? tk'ing reprisal tk'ing isnt allowed @24/7 bch, of course there are accidents, but your actions are why we kick the same type of assholes you refered to "lest they ruin our game

dont worry about the next guy, he will hang himself eventually, c-ya in a few days
Sal_Monella

Postby =Hunter= » Sun May 30, 2004 11:44 am

on other servers I am known and as i said only TK intintionally those deserving. I record all my games for proof. I suggest that others do too. However it does not seem to matter on this server. Perhaps you need a few full time admin spectating full time instead. Personally I would rather being playing, but that is what this server needs. Most servers do not have such a large crowd and jerks are weeded out a lot quicker. I am not complaining, just an observation. I only recently starting playing this server again because of the ever shrinking Wolfenstein community. I quit playing here before for the same reasons, lots of deliberate tks and maiming by players that get their kicks doing it. Not the same as someone who retaliates for such actions after they happen repeatly. If you do not see the difference far be it for me to waste my time typing responses. By the way where do i send the demo? lol

Keekanoo

Postby Keekanoo » Sun May 30, 2004 3:37 pm

After reading your posts Hunter I'm going to lift the temp-ban. You've been polite, direct and honest.

For the record, as already stated, tk'ing in reprisal is verbotten at ecgn's Beach. There are usually several admins around, so get to know them and /m name them info or declare in public chat someone who's being a problem. We're usually able to spec and deal with a person within a minute or two.

Cascade tk'ing with up to 63 players is a real potential problem, and that's why we have to have a black and white line on this. I understand on smaller servers law of the jungle works well, but at the Beach chaos level things would devolve to anarchy quickly.

Enjoy the server and look forward to fraggin' ya on the beach.

Keek.

Return to Been Banned?