jun1or abusing admin status

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

RTCW Admin

Re: jun1or abusing admin status

Postby B » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:29 pm

I was trying to steal your wallet.

Postby Hayling » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:16 pm

What the hell has happened?

It's obviously a bad night for the three of you.

I've been gone for too long.

But the bad news... I can't play ECGNetwork with the current graphics card I'm using today without some ridiculously poor framerate lags.

Something along this line you'll know it sucks: Radeon R9 270X.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Hayling wrote:What the hell has happened?

It's obviously a bad night for the three of you.

I've been gone for too long.

But the bad news... I can't play ECGNetwork with the current graphics card I'm using today without some ridiculously poor framerate lags.

Something along this line you'll know it sucks: Radeon R9 270X.

I suffer from this too. The way I get around it is to use an older version of atioglxx.dll from a driver before 13.9. I'm not sure if there is a supported driver for the 270X that goes back that far. I will attach the file I use myself for Win7/8. Download and extract it into your RTCW folder where "WolfMP.exe" is located and try playing the game. If this file doesn't work for you then you can try looking for an early beta driver prior to 13.9 for the 270X and use the atioglxx.dll file from there. I have contacted AMD about this issue and they don't seem to be concerned or to even want to fix it. Let me know if it works for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby 'L0, » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:32 am

Try r_primitives 2

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:38 am

'L0, wrote:Try r_primitives 2

r_primitives 2 doesn't fix it

Postby 'L0, » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:34 pm

r_primitives fixes drastic lag drop (down to 5 fps etc) but that's naturally assuming drivers are in order. I don't know about Rx generation but older generations require old drivers as you mention it. On 4xxx and lower etc you need 10.04 version if memory serves me right.

Ati generally sucks when it comes to supporting old games really. Drivers were reported years ago and many times and never got any attention..although in their documentation time ago they did stated that rtcw 1.41 should work but probably much changed since then.

Postby Hayling » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Jun1oR wrote:I suffer from this too. The way I get around it is to use an older version of atioglxx.dll from a driver before 13.9. I'm not sure if there is a supported driver for the 270X that goes back that far. I will attach the file I use myself for Win7/8. Download and extract it into your RTCW folder where "WolfMP.exe" is located and try playing the game. If this file doesn't work for you then you can try looking for an early beta driver prior to 13.9 for the 270X and use the atioglxx.dll file from there. I have contacted AMD about this issue and they don't seem to be concerned or to even want to fix it. Let me know if it works for you.
Do you have the Windows XP (32-bit) version of the .dll file as I have RTCW Installed there. I'm running a dual-boot O/S in separate HDDs. I'm going to install the oldest driver for the Gigabyte Windforce R9 270X tomorrow.

For Windows 7, I am not willing to downgrade the current 14.2 Beta drivers on Windows 7 to an old one as I'm playing Battlefield 4 and using AMD's Mantle API to run BF4 smoother.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:56 pm

You don't have to change the driver that you currently have installed by using the file I attached. If you place that single file in your RTCW folder then WolfMP.exe will use it instead of the installed driver. This will not affect any other games that you have installed. I don't even now what to say to WIN XP except move on.

Also the driver I posted is for the 64 bit versions of Win 7/8.

Postby Hayling » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks Junior, the file is a success. I'm maintaining 125fps the new graphics card.

Didn't realize this only ATI dll was needed to run this game with this card.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 am

I'm glad it worked for you, hope to see you in the server soon!

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein