I was banned?

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

I was banned?

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi...

It seems I was banned from your server and I was just wondering why....

I never cheat.
I don't trash talk.
I usually play pretty well and as a team member.

Can't figure out why.

Thanks
SSI-=TheNewGuy=-

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:49 pm

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18770

He's got your key too and so it is banned.

Postby Stl Lunatic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:30 pm

This message has been brought to you by ECGNETWORK.COM...

Oh and heres something I have made :D

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:59 pm

I'm not sure I understand. This really isn't a big deal to me...I'm just trying to figure out why.

Does this guy have my CD key or something? Should I be concerned? What should I do? How can I fix this? Get a new copy of the game?

Thanks for your help...sorry for the ignorance.

SSI-=TheNewGuy=-

Postby Stl Lunatic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:06 pm

Yes this guy has your cd key and he has used it and cheated and so your cd key has been banned...The only way back is a new cdkey/new game...read some of the other thread and you will see...

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:54 pm

OK...so this guy (whoever he is) has done this with other CD keys...and anyone he got a cd key from is banned? I can get into all other servers...just yours is banning me....so I have no problem removing this one from favorites and moving on, but will I eventually be banned from ALL servers until I install a new game? I have been using this same CD since the game came out.....why would this happen now?

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk...just trying to understand.

(The link in the post doesn't refer to me or my guid/CD key)

Thanks
SSI-=TheNewGuy=-

Postby Stl Lunatic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:00 pm

Man at arms stated that he has done this to others and I guess you are one of them. It is unfortunate that this kind of crap has to happen but oh well. I'm guessing from what I have heard this guy lured you into his hacking site and a trojan stole your cd key somehow...

Some background info for you too...Whenever a admin of a server bans you he doesnt ban your name he banes a CD-key, So when the admin banned this guy while he was using your key he esentually banned you with him...From what I have heard you will be banned from alot of other servers that use the master ban list...its a really complicated and drawn out story but yes pretty much you will have nowhere to play eventually...crap situation...I know...

Postby SavageParrot » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:38 am

You see when you downloaded the hack and it gave that disclaimer about how he couldn't guarantee it was virus proof, that was the first clue...

The hack you downloaded was designed with the sole purpose of stealing cd keys for it's designer so he could get around his own bans and continue to hack. I'm sorry if you were not actually using it but there is a valuable lesson to be learned here.

Do not download hacks for any reason

Me I'd be worrying about whether my cd key was all he took. For your sake I hope this guy is just a kid and that you don't keep any bank details on your computer.

* As a side note if you get a new cd key make sure you have removed the hack and all traces of it from your hard drive otherwise he'll just take your key again. Like it says on the punkbusted site norton, mcafee, avg etc.. will not protect you from whatever he used to get your key as it won't be nearly widespread enough for them to have encountered.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

RTCW Admin

Postby SuPer PuZZy » Mon May 01, 2006 1:29 pm

:eek:

Postby Slaughter2 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:52 pm

Me I'd be worrying about whether my cd key was all he took. For your sake I hope this guy is just a kid and that you don't keep any bank details on your computer.

LOL, like your poon collection, and your ID to your paypal, cool things like that
"You Create Your Own Destiny"-Doug Kleitz

That's a [color="Red"]PRESENT[/color] from [color="DarkRed"]SLAUGHTER[/color]

[font="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Give respect you might get it back![/SIZE][/font] [SIZE="4"](a lesson in life as well as gaming) [/SIZE]

Postby TheNewGuy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:10 pm

OK...it's been several weeks and I haven't been banned from any other server. I still don't see my key being used anywhere. Can you lift this ban now? I've checked the master PB lists and I'm not there. I still think you got me mixed up with someone else. I don't recall downloading a cheat for this game, but I have seven kids...maybe one of them did....but they couldn't have launched wolf (thats on my logon) - I've played with the same key for years, and I don't want to have to but a new copy of this game, reinstall, all maps, tweaks, cfgs, etc just for one server.

I will if I have to......It's a popular server with a good ping and it seems most of the guys I play with from TAO b2b seem to visit here.

Thanks
TheNewGuy

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 pm

The reason you weren't on the MBL is because there was no screenshot of that guy while using your key.

However, the logs showed me that he was indeed using your key and so he does in fact have it.

Postby SavageParrot » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:51 pm

Originally posted by TheNewGuy
I don't recall downloading a cheat for this game, but I have seven kids...maybe one of them did....

You sure it wasn't your brother?
TT clan forums

Postby TheNewGuy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Nah....I'm pretty sure all of the kids are mine ;-)

Postby SavageParrot » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:23 pm

LoL good answer
TT clan forums

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein