Was banned and hoping for redmention

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Postby Slaughter2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:07 pm

how dear you reply before me Parrot, I want the awards, but I would have said the same thing, I do the banning and you do the spamming lol GJ parrot, he was owned
"You Create Your Own Destiny"-Doug Kleitz

That's a [color="Red"]PRESENT[/color] from [color="DarkRed"]SLAUGHTER[/color]

[font="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Give respect you might get it back![/SIZE][/font] [SIZE="4"](a lesson in life as well as gaming) [/SIZE]

Postby SavageParrot » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:45 am

LoL suspect about the only defence you could have mounted that would have been even moderately plausible would have been to deny it was you and claim you got your cd key from Google.

As it it you just told us that your or your brother/roomate playing from your computer (*cough oldest and weakest excuse in the world cough*) is the yossarian we were after thereby negating any doubt there may have been due to the lack of an ip match (Your ip changed when you moved, guid stays the same) and condeming you to the black pit of permaban most likely forever.

If it genuinely was your brother/roomate then I'll give you the same advice I gave greg. Go next door and kick him in the balls. It won't let you back on this server but it might just make you feel a little better.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby Suspect » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:36 pm

Cd key from Google? Yeah.

What is a guid? I assume it's a computer key, like an IP address, but it doesn't change? Or is it the CD key?

If I was lying, I would have used the defense you suggested, but at this point I'm really just confused. It's annoying to be accused of something you didn't do. But I really don't have a way to prove my innocence it seems.

I don't really play the game constantly enough to be mad, but I'll sure ask them.

Is there anyway I can find and remove said hacking programs? I know wall hack isn't on there, at least it wasn't in your server, and I'm unfamiliar with aimbot to know if it was on there as well. I assume it would move your cursor to the person's head, right?

I thank you for answering these if you choose to do so. I am telling the truth, and am really confused about the whole situation. I wouldn't be so persistent if I was a caught cheater, but that's for me to disprove it seems.

Edit: Oh I forgot to add this. I went through the websites you posted and the one for me, Suspect, and all but two of Yossarian, and even the one for Sharpshooter say they're from the Netherlands. Another says the states, one for Yossarian, and another says Dallas. I am from the states, but not from Dallas. Still confused, but trying to figure this out.
I've been playing this game for far too long.

Postby SavageParrot » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:01 pm

Guid is generated from your cd key. It's unique to you or anyone using your key.

If you want to remove the hack. Easiest way is probably to uninstall and delete all files in the rtcw folder. Then re-install. I have to tell you though seeing as you are master banned you are going to find you are banned from a good deal of other servers and not just ecgn. This ban doesn't originate from us and doesn't necessarily reflect the current situation either.

Ultimately speaking we don't care if it was you personally or someone else at your terminal. Either way we ban you in case your brother/roomate connects with a hack from your computer again. You might not be hacking now but it's a 1 strike and your out policy.

As for the other bans showing different ips that's not surprising. Odds on those are keys people were sharing over the internet. People who get banned a lot tend to have a pressing need for keys so there is quite a market for sharing them. You get banned you get another key but 20 people are using it and most of them are hackers so pretty soon it gets banned too. Move onto another key etc...

I'm sorry if I seem blaze but we've heard this all before a lot of times. We don't need those bans anyway. You have a guy named yossarian living at your house and there's a guy named yossarian who used your key to hack and that's really all we need. The other 2 bans are just window dressing. The icing on the cake if you like...
TT clan forums

Postby Slaughter2 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Need a piece of cake
"You Create Your Own Destiny"-Doug Kleitz

That's a [color="Red"]PRESENT[/color] from [color="DarkRed"]SLAUGHTER[/color]

[font="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Give respect you might get it back![/SIZE][/font] [SIZE="4"](a lesson in life as well as gaming) [/SIZE]

Postby Suspect » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:36 am

First off thank you for being so helpful, I truly appreciate it and understand that you didn’t have to go through all this trouble to explain it to me.

The guid makes sense as well as hackers needing a lot of cd keys. I've been using the same cd key from google, or at least I was, for quite a while. Re-installing the game and using an original cd key won't be too big of a problem as I'll just have to get my friends copy that doesn't play anymore, but would this matter? I'm guessing that master-banned means my computers specific guid is banned, regardless of cd-key.. right?

I was backpacking in Europe during the time it says I was caught, June 29th 2006 and this I can prove. (Although reading over this I can see how you guys I would think this is as lame of an excuse as my brother and old roommate playing, but it is the truth)

I understand that the bottom isn't who was hacking, but that hacking occurred. Like I said I hate cheaters as much as you guys so I agree with the rule. I still don't understand how I got on that list as my old roommate is a good friend of mine and would tell me that he cheated when I asked him, but once again this isn't your problem.

You've been pretty cool so don't worry about blaze. To tell you the truth I assumed everyone would just make fun of me and not respond with an actual dialog. Short of showing you my old plane tickets stubs there's no way for me to prove my innocence, and no reason for you to believe me. Hopefully once I reinstall this problem will be solved, but we’ll see.
I've been playing this game for far too long.

RTCW Admin

Postby SuPer PuZZy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:00 pm

what does 5 feathers say to da face?

"SLAP":eek:

Postby SavageParrot » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:44 pm

lol puzzy
TT clan forums

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein