Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
Post a reply

Damn Questions

Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:07 pm

Hey, this is really getting me mad. I recently got RTCW again, and now Im trying to get everything set up straight.

I got a script file from Zog's Dog's and all I want is to exec it in during the game, duh!. But whenever I do it I get negative response. The problem I think is that the file was saved as a text file, and it should be a .cfg file. So how on earth do you save something .cfg?

Lastly, I cant connect to OC48. I blame this on the Castle Wolfenstein program code. Have you ever noticed when you try to add a favorite by adding the IP address that the interface doesnt let you enter the address? Every time you enter a number it skips to the Name row, until entering an IP becomes impossible. The only way I can connect to oc48 is to enter the IP address through the dialog box.

Okay hope somebody has some answers. thanks

Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:28 pm

Thanks to Lord Zog for clarifying to me that saving extension in windows XP requires deselecting 'hide file extensions' in the folder options. Still I would like to know how to connect to the server. Please Help!

Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:13 pm

-----just figured out tht you cant use the keypad...hmmm..

Keypad

Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:38 pm

Yeah that keypad thing screwed me up, too. No mention of it in any manual, and as far as I know most people use the keypad before they start hunting and pecking for numbers on the top row.

Crazy RtCW programmers?

Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:41 pm

All I can say is now I know.:) It really funny that such little things cause me such trouble. I was frustrated that as soon as I typed in the 7 the cursor would move to the name row. I was like doing it over and over, but to no avail. Ahh.

Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:43 am

to go into the RtCW server, i just load up wolfmp and then hit "`" and type in "/connect 205.177.13.42:27960" and press enter. To those slow, the quotations are excluded when typing in. I dont see a problem with doing this. ;)
Post a reply