OneRepublic

Do you like Rock? Do you like Hip Hop? Or are you the type that likes to ease back and listen to some classical music? Either way, let us know! Welcome to the ECGN music section!

OneRepublic

Postby Sabres » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:39 am

Has anyone else listened to their new and first album, Dreaming Out Loud?

The band came to my college, Canisius College, on November 11th and put on a free show for us students. They played in our cultural center which was a chapel many years ago. The millions of dollars spent on renovating it and turing it into a place of the future without losing its beauty were very well spent, and OneRepublic was just the band to play in a setting like that. There couldn't have been more than 500 people there so it was a very chill concert. I showed up early and got right up front in the dead center middle. The concert was absolutely amazing. I felt like a new person leaving there that night. Although some people compare them to The Fray, I think OneRepublic has their own unique sound and meaning if you really listen. I immediatly went out and bought the album the day after the concert.

This band is definitely worth the time and a chance of you liking them. Buy the album and listen to it alone with a nice set of speakers set to high volume and just think to yourself as you take in the lyrics. In the car or surround sound in your living room is perfect.

Apologize, of course, is their number 1 hit. Remixed by Timbaland first, and remixed again by Lil' Wayne. It is an extremely catchy song with a great beat and flow. Some other songs to listen to would be Say (All I Need), Stop and Stare, All Fall Down, Someone To Save You. Listen to Come Home for a sad meaningful 4 minutes. I'd have to say Stop and Stare is my favorite aside from Apologize, it makes for a good ringtone.

:D

Re: OneRepublic

Postby Porsche_997 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:14 pm

They aren't bad. I have heard Apologize on the radio a lot, and finally found out who composed it :D. I agree with you though, the remix isn't as good as the original.

Postby Rand0m » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Kinda funny this band is. I feel they owe a ton of their success to myspace. Before they had any major record label or plays on the radio they were the #1 played rock band on myspace for an entire year straight under unsigned artists. I may be wrong but I am fairly sure this was their launch to fame. Their music is has a very clean sound to it and is very mainstream but it's very good. I remember listening to the original apoligize before they made it to the radio. Once I heard it on KISS I knew they made it big, same with Fall Out Boy.

woodenrory

Postby woodenrory » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:58 pm

yeah... if u like OneRepublic , there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+

Postby tablet » Thu May 29, 2008 10:42 am

i think theyre good, i like their song apologize and im planing to purchase their cd

Return to Music