Go Bucs

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
AsphyXIatioN

Postby AsphyXIatioN » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:33 am

bucs kicked ass woohoo!!!!:D

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:36 am

"Doug, please tell me that you're not a Misery Tiggers fan."

Like I said before, I grew up in Razorback country.

GO HOGS!!!

:D :D

Burningwick

Postby Burningwick » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:29 pm

Like I said before, I grew up in Razorback country.

GO HOGS!!!

Alright, I can live with that. I actually attended a Hogs home football game this year. Very impressive facilities and very impressive fans. I'll be going back to Arkansas here in a couple months for a vacation in the Ozarks. Very pretty state from what I've seen so far.

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:32 pm

Hey Wick, Arkansas is awesome, especially in the Ozarks.
AR always gets a bad rap, but whatever.

If you've never been, check out Eureka Springs. It's reasonably near Fayetteville (about 2 hours ENE). The place is awesome. If I have my way I'll retire there someday on 50+ hilly acres looking over a river or something. My wife and I try to vacation there every summer, staying in a cabin instead of some crappy hotel. You don't have to be rich to enjoy yourself there.

BTW, I put $5 into a Super Bowl pool (you know, $1 per square, 100 squares, people win by quarters, etc.). One of my boxes was Oak-1, Tam-1. I saw that score and cheered "finally I will win one of these!" Then our good friend Rich Gannon had to throw one more interception (score had been 41-21 till then). I got to see $25 slip thru my fingers.

I liked Gannon, but I hope this shuts up some of those fair-weather Chiefs fans who thought he was god and could do no wrong. As one of them may say, "he pulled a Grbac out there."

:lol: :lol:

Burningwick

Postby Burningwick » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:19 pm

Doug, you're not going to believe this but I finalized reservations for a cabin in Eureka Springs just this last weekend. I'm really glad to hear good things about it as I've never been and was only judging it based upon what I found out over the internet. I've been nervous that it would suck and my g/f would be curious as to why I dragged her clear from Cali. to a place she didn't like. If you have any advice as to what to see and do there I would be most appreciative. We'll be there for 5 days at the end of March.

Gannon definitely looked lost yesterday. Personally, I've always thought that Trent Green is a much better quarterback. He just hasn't had as much material to work with so far in KC. Think that's changing though.

Oh yeah, don't worry about ppl giving AR a bad rap. Ppl just tend to do that to states they haven't been to. I'm from Idaho so I know all about it. All in all, it really does work out for the best if ppl think your state sucks (especially if it's a beautiful state). That way, they won't move to your state and ruin it (exhibit A: California).

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:35 pm

I agree about Trent Green.

As far as Eureka Springs, I mostly took in the historic downtown (nice restaurants, old architecture, etc.) and vegged in the cabin (deep in the woods, very nice. Even saw deer running by the cabin sometimes).
There's definitely much more there. Sorry if I made it sound like I was always there (only been there the last 2 summers). So I'm still learning about the place myself. It's a great place to relax, I know that.

I can't remember what the websites say (I'm sure they say alot, but probably still lacking in info); can't really appreciate it till you've been there. I'd like to go every year just to see the stuff I missed the year before....

I'll try to get more info to you soon.:D

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:58 pm

Is it true to enter Arkansas, you have to have sex with at least one relative just so you can fit in with everyone else:D

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:13 pm

Yes

:lol: :lol:

AsphyXIatioN

Postby AsphyXIatioN » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:32 am

the answer is no!!
i think that happens in kentucky :D

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:58 pm

Originally posted by [A.S.H]THOR
the answer is no!!
i think that happens in kentucky :D

That's right. Thanks for jogging my memory.
With all the hillbillies/rednecks/white-trash in EVERY freakin' state it's hard to keep up.:D

Doug the Ambassador
People's Republic of Whitetrashistan

AsphyXIatioN

Postby AsphyXIatioN » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:11 pm

no prob doug
just have relatives in arkansas,kentucky,west vigina.kinda of a hillbilly my self. yall come back now ya hear.

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:36 pm

I'm kind of a hillbilly too, I guess.....and I married a yankee girl.:lol:

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:59 pm

Remindin you guys of home?:D

iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:24 pm

Does Zog know that you been creepin around his house taking pictures???

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:51 pm

Originally posted by COL.BUKKAKE
Remindin you guys of home?:D

IMPOSTER!!!!!

Where's all the trash in the yard? Why is neither vehicle up on blocks? Why are the dogs not chained up and starving?

Sorry Colonel, that picture was tame. Those beautiful ladies (ugh) you've been posting do more to remind us hillbillies of home.:D :D

PreviousNext

Return to The Smokin' Room